Problem Driving in Assignments problem

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Turn off Accelerate & brake in Driving. I do not know how to turn them back on. Can you help.

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Re assign them in "Controls".

3. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Controls? I'm New. Please explain in detail how.

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    in game /options/control settings /edit assignement/
    double mouse click , then press whatever you want for that option

Andi

5. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Hey! I went into settings upper right of the game. Then went to Control Settings. Then went to edit assignments. I wanted to see if I would get better performance if I change some value in driving. So I click on accelerate & brake. The values went off. I click and nothing. I click on accelerate several times and it said "press any key". So I tried to put a value back in but it would not let me put more than one key stoke in. so I left it. Went and got in the car. The engine would just idle and nothing else. So I went back to driving and tired to change the value again and could not. So I wrote in the forum. So as I under stand you Options. I can not find options. I only know settings in the upper right of the game. Then control setting, then edit assignments. Then driving. Then look for accelerate & brake. The game will only let me put one key stoke in.

6. ndwthx1138

ndwthx1138 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0

You are in the right place. If you click accelerate option and it takes a keystroke - then that keystroke is your new gas pedal. This is called mapping. If you click accelerator option again and press your pedal and it doesn't assign your pedal - there is a bigger issue of your pedals not being seen.

7. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Went to settings, then to control settings, then to edit assignments, over to driving, Left and right Steering, was marked "disconnected". Accelerate value was blank. Brake value was blank also. Put in the letter "C", in the accelerate value, press the accelerator one time all the way down. Put the letter "D'' in the brake value and pressed the brake all the way down once. I put the letter "A" in left steer. Turned the wheel to the left. I put the letter "B" in right steer. Turned the wheel to the right. I put the Letter "H" in up shift (Alternative). I put the letter "I" in down shift (Alternative). Went to the game and to "single player" and then" go race". Nothing. The car just sits there and idles. No brake, no accelerator. no steering, I do have the transmission. I can only use one hand for typing and driving. So the transmission is in automatic.

8. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I changed the values in edit assignments/driving. "ndwthx1138" calls it mapping. Anyone know mapping in edit assignments? I'm having no luck. When I get out of the race & go back to edit assignments/driving some of the categories (up shift, down shift, DRS/ptp ect.) are marked disconnected). Now the game is saying "device missing". I changed the categories from letter values to number values. The software will only let me put one letter or number in the value column. The car just sits there and idles. Now I no transmission. Anyway to just set everything back to default?

9. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    When the message "Press any key" appears, you shouldn't press a random key. You only need to perform the action with your wheel, the game recognizes that and binds your input to that action.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Hey majuh! I do not under stand "When the message "Press any key" appears, you shouldn't press a random key. You only need to perform the action with your wheel, the game recognizes that and binds your input to that action. ''. I am very new to this. "Race room, Sim racing, web site, some computer terms, etc" (joined 4/6/20) Can you explain in great detail what you mean with examples. I am trying to learn.

Thank you for your time.
    Nash

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  11. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    I went and recorded a little video showing how to assign the throttle to your throttle pedal.

It works the same way for all the other assignments, you just have to perform the double click in the desired field and then press whatever button you want to use for that function.
    Now if that doesnt work theres probably an issue with your wheel/pedals not being recognized by the game as @ndwthx1138 said. In that case i cant help either but if you try searching the forum for similar issues you might find a solution

12. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Hey Nico! Your video is every simple. Thank you but I am still missing something. I went to accelerate and double click on it. and "press any key" showed up in the value. I pressed the pedal all the way down once, then tried left clicking with the mouse and nothing. Tried several times. If I put a key stoke in with the key board like the letter " M". the letter "M" would show up in the value. If I stay there and kept left clicking with the mouse, nothing happens. "press any key" would stay in the value. What am I doing wrong? What are you clicking after you press the pedal?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  13. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    nothing ; press and release the pedal it should then bind ; you should not press a key afterwards
    Andi

14. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Andi! I rebooted the computer. The cars works fine now. I want to thank everyone that took the time that commented in this thread. especially Nico that took the time for the video.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020