DTM 2014 and own Servers :-(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andreas Pierer, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Andreas Pierer

Andreas Pierer Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Hello dear Friends and also @Jay Ekkel @J-F Chardon and @Sonat Ozturk , I know that I have addressed the issue several times, but there has been no satisfactory response from Sector3.

The Question to me is easy, when you can finally go online DTM 2014 on a dedicated Server? Currently this is only possible on the official RR - Servers. We've all bought for more or less Money, the Game incl. DTM 2014 and if you have bought something you would like this also like to use. This is for all of us but impossible.

When will it be possible to use this? It must not be an detailed Date, only need Leagueadmins to like me, can plan an approximate starting Point for the Future.

If you do not want to post publicly, you can always contact me via PN.

Do not get me wrong, you do a great Job and the Majority is really top. But as I said, we need an approximate starting Point from when your own Servers can be accessed with the DTM in 2014.

Best regards
    Andi

2. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    I would guess when they release DTM 2015.

3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Or a bit earlier... Depends on what's earlier released ^^
    The Problem with DTM2014 is as I understand License-Related. It seems that Customers are only allowed to use the Content of DTM2014 within DTM2014.
    The Dedicated Server-Tool is ATM restricted to the MP-Plattform of the RaceRoom-Experience. But as far as I know Sector3 is working on it, to open the Dedicated Server-Tool for the other Experiences.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  4. Andreas Pierer

Andreas Pierer Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    If I understand correctly, I can say for the scheduled start of the season 13.09.2015 cancel, right?

Andi

5. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    they haven't typically released the cars based on the dtm season so much as when they were ready (they have done some snaky under the radar live streams testing the dtm cars and they seems to be talking to the drivers alot.)

needless to say you will have the ability to drive these cars on a server but making the game work and licencers happy takes priority over releasing these cars into a beta game mode:). there is so much else to drive atm i have no problem waiting (although i am also as exited as you clearly are to drive these fantastic cars online).

6. Andreas Pierer

Andreas Pierer Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Ok, but I prefer a statement from the team, is when is about to be expected. Maybe it will never work, all that we do not know.

So once again, ask for an approximate statement can thus plan leagues or even to cancel seasons, which would be very unfortunate.

Andi

7. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    patience 'insert meme here'

8. Andreas Pierer

Andreas Pierer Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    What does that have to do with patience, if I want to just have a statement from the team? I can wait me very well, one would have to know if you can still 2015 in 2016 or in 2020 expect.

Andi

9. shardshunt

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    good luck i hope you can get some info too.

10. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    We can only assume that as DTM13 was released to general R3E crowd after the Experience introduction of DTM14 the same thing should apply for the 14 Experience when 15 gets out.When will that happen?Probably some time during autumn 2014.