DTM 2015 Race Rules Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrDetroit, Feb 19, 2016.

1. DrDetroit

DrDetroit Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

So I'm racing DTM '15, mandatory pit stops implemented. I'm not really clued into the racing rules and no manual that I could find in this regard - I guess my question are as follows:
    1. I get notice that tire changes allowed until lap-18, I assume that I have to do a tire change at least once - not just fuel - is this correct?
    2. Even though I have mandatory pit stops AI does not seem to stop at all - not that I've noticed . Is this a bug? Should I just not include mandatory pit stops?
    3. Does the AI ever get penalties for ramming me off the track? Does not happen a lot, but I just was knocked out of 2nd place by a blatant ram by #3 and he just kept on going - he ended up finishing in 2nd.
    4. Does AI get penalties for not pitting during a mandatory pit race?
    If any other quirks or tips that are vital for DTM 2015 please advise!

Good day,
    DrDetroit

2. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    1. yes .. you need to change optional for regular (or vice versa if you started on regular) and pit is mandatory
    2. haven`t tested
    3. nope, I think devs are looking into penalties for AI
    4. ->2.

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    First of all, you need to know that in real life, there are two races each weekend. The first race lasts 40 minutes without mandatory pit stop, while the second race lasts 60 minutes with a mandatory pit stop. When you select "Single Race" in the game, you actually do a whole race weekend with two races. The option for mandatory pit stops only affects the second race, the first race is always without mandatory pit stop. So if you want to do a race with a mandatory pit stop, you should select the option and simply skip Qualifying 1 and Race 1.

You only need to change your tires for the mandatory pit stop in the second third of the race. The AI also stops, and whoever didn't stop inside the pit window gets a time penalty at the end of the race. There are no penalties for unfair driving yet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if there will be DTM 2016 pack or just some update to rules based on 2016 (no option tyres, 4 sets of standard tyres per race weekend and it on driver how to use them, all four tyres has to be changed on pitstop, slow zones on tracks, etc ... )

5. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    While we're on the subject, when does drs get disabled in the 2014 and the 2015 rules? Is it the last 3 laps for 2014 and the last 3 minutes for 2015 or something?

6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    @mr_belowski
    Reading the technical rules of DTM 14/15 I can't find any restrictions of using DRS at the end of the race. This was handled in 2013. DRS was not allowed in the first, the three last laps and the laps following safety-car use.
    2014 DRS was allowed once in a lap after the leading car entered lap 4, the chasing car beeing within 2 seconds at start/finish.
    2015 DRS was allowed threetimes in a lap after the leading car entered lap 4, the chasing car beeing within 1 second at start/finish.

7. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    really? I thought there was an end-of-race restriction in there somewhere but I couldn't find it either

8. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    nah .. just if one second behind car than you can use DRS three times in next lap .. limited begining of use, not the end .. as far as I remember

9. mr_belowski

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    <rips out a bit of new code> :(

10. DrDetroit

DrDetroit Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the heads up with this important info. I was wondering why I raced the same track twice - thought I forgot to save my race or something.

S3S should probably include a race rule readme or manual. I guess this could be googled, but if you don't know what your looking for it can be difficult.

Best Regards!
    DrDetroit

11. Ouvert

Ouvert Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    yep .. for future need it is always in Sporting regulation of that series (on its web) ... where you can also find Technical regulations ..

• Like Like x 1