Question DTM 2016 FFB Effect when Car height is too low

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by k.C goran, May 17, 2017.

1. k.C goran

k.C goran Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    Does anybody else have this short FFB Effect when it seems that the Car shortly touches the Ground?
    I am wondering if it's just me with my Wheel.Feels like my Wheel get's damaged cause of this Effect.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  2. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if it's when it touches the ground, cause I don't ear the corresponding sound at this moment. But I think I see what you're talking about, on some tracks/car, I sometimes have this short but relatively strong FFB effect without to understand why. It happens always at same point of a track, but not each time (I don't use each time exactly same line). On Nordschleife it can happen somewhere over there, around 3:39 if I remember good.

Maybe I'll try to record a video next time I see this effect.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  3. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Is your car bottoming out? Easiest solution is of course to raise ride height but that's hard to do during a race. I've ran a few races where I had the car bottom out though, my wheel is fine. If you're worried though there's a mighty fine FFB clipping monitor you can enable, making sure your wheel stays below clipping will give you better FFB detail and improve the longevity of your wheel.

4. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    @ChatCureuil I got several corresponding sounds.Engine and revs plus the car makes a sound like it's shaving the ground.When this effect is in corner's,driving over curb or not,the car get's shortly very unstable,might spin.
    @Rodent this effect is away when i max out the height of the car.But i think it makes no sense to drive a DTM 2016 Racecar with height of 8.0cm,or does it?I use constantly the FFB Meter,even during races.With my FFB settings i ain't got no clipping at all.The FFB Meter doesn't show nothing special when this effect comes in.

Btw:My overall FFB Settings are very low.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Probably not Goran but I guess it depends on the track and suspension settings. Glad to hear I'm not the only fan on running the FFB meter, if you're not clipping I would say your wheel is in no real danger even if you are bottoming out. What wheel are you running by the way? I remember my G27 sounding dreadful at times while my current T300 is relatively quiet even when I do bottom out a car.

• Like Like x 1
  6. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    @Rodent I think the idea behind this special FFB Effect is really nice.First recognized it on a test run with the Mercedes AMG DTM 2016 (with the new physics)on NoS shortly after this car was released.I was testing with a lot of setup's,complete reversing values and so on.The only value that works was the ride height.Otherwise it hits to strong the FFB.Could be that it damage my wheel over a long run.Maybe there is an value in the config files that can help.
    I run a Porsche GT3 RS v2 wheel from Fanatec.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Passed the question along the grapevine for other testers with a Fanatec wheel as I don't seem to have the same issue, could be my T300 is set to weak as ChatCureuil seems to know what's up with the TCPC. :)

8. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Right, so it seems like it may indeed be a bit too much force being sent your wheels way according to other testers, and currently it cannot be lowered. Reporting it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. k.C goran

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
  10. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    I found that I get this effect whith open wheels. It's a violent FFB without a ground touch sound, but looking the replay the car seems to touch the floor, so I just sometimes miss the sound.
    Yes, recently I rebuilt my FFB settings, starting from zero for every value, and I found there's some FFB effect that haven't any corresponding option, so you can't adjust their force, and they also aren't displayed by FFB meter. It's when you touch a kerb or a wall, and maybe also when touching ground but I didn't test.

• Like Like x 1