Resolved Dx9 device error

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by RO-Floryn, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Did this start all suddenly without any significant change to your PC?

If you're up for it we can have a TeamViewer session so we can remote desktop to your machine and see if we can find something.

2. Pieco

Pieco Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Windows did an update last week, and after that it all went pear shape. Tried to restore my machine but was unsuccessful. I did notice yesterday that the Asus GPU tweak interfered with the new driver installation process. So I uninstalled it in the hopes that it might have been the problem. But nothing.

Team viewer session should be fine... me thinks :)

3. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
  4. Pieco

Pieco Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Just going to install teamviewer when I get a chance.
    Till when will you be available? It's now 8:45 am for me. Just started work.

5. Pieco

Pieco Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    @Sonat Ozturk @[S3]Kitsune, I ended up reinstalling Windows 10. Tried another app that used Directx 9 and it also failed. At that stage it was clear that something was either corrupt or missing. Although Windows said there was nothing wrong.

I just want to thank you guys for the time and effort spent trying to help me solve this issue. It says a lot about sector 3 studios and the people that work there. You guys rock! Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Now I can buy the new BMW and take it for a spin :)

Ps: If you reading this and having the same problem, do yourself a favour and reinstall Windows. The more you fiddle with drivers, the worse it gets.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    Wish we could've found a less drastic solution but at least you got it working. :)

7. Pieco

Pieco Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Me too, but most importantly its working now. Had issues with in-game purchases as well before the DirectX bug happened. But now all is good. Can't wait for the flag system and that Volvo. Keep up the good work guys.