Question End of race popup

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by S. FREDRIKSSON, Oct 14, 2020.

1. S. FREDRIKSSON

S. FREDRIKSSON Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Im fairly new to the game and have a question that I cant seem to find and answer to.
    When I play a multiplayer game, at the end of the race I get a "Race ends in [countdowntimer]". How can I get rid of this? I didnt know if the race was over so once I continued to drive, but it was in the middle of the screen so I could not see any break markers etc. Another time I thought the race was over and pressed esc but then I got DQ (or DNF, I can't remember).

Any input would be greatly appriciated

2. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    you must continue and cross the finish line

3. S. FREDRIKSSON

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, do you know if the popup can be disabled, moved or made smaller?

4. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    I don't think so

5. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    How does the pop up look like? I drive without any hud, so probably never seen it. It is probably part of some message setting.

6. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Popup is on multiplayer

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    You can´t easily miss it as it occupies the exact line of vision when it pops up - unless you win the race! FFS will they ever get rid of this or reduce the size and put it somewhere less conspicuous (like they did with the penalty warnings) as it is completely useless and most annoying?

8. S. FREDRIKSSON

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thank you all.
    It really is very annoying. I noticed that incidents still counts and I presume that if you get overtaken, it counts in the race results aswell.

9. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Which camera view do you use?

The race is not over until the AI takes control of the car.

10. S. FREDRIKSSON

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Cockpit view. Perhaps I could just change the view when the popup comes so I can see where Im going. Not ideal but a workaround atleast.

Yes, I've noticed :)

11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    We shouldn´t have to use workarounds during the last lap of the race, though. All the people demanding more immersion, cool down laps etc etc, yet not many have complained about this egregious freeware antivirus style pop up. It shouldn´t be too hard to eliminate it or have the normal race clock overlay move into countdown mode once the winner has crossed the line. That would be much less intrusive.

12. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Did you move your seat position? With the default seat position, visibility is ok, but I can see the problem of course when you change the seat position.

13. S. FREDRIKSSON

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I have moved the seat position a bit. That could be a reason why it is so bad for me.

14. S. FREDRIKSSON

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hi again,
    I just watched some multiplayer races on youtube. In all of them the "Race finish in"-timer is much smaller than mine and alot higher up.
    So I guess there might be something I can do to reslove my issue. Im using tripple screen at 5760x1080. Could it be that I have a somewhat low resolution and the pop-up therefor is bigger? I don't suppose there is a way to scale all of the ui?
    Regards

15. S. FREDRIKSSON

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
  16. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Somehow your view is tilted down quite a lot. Basically the bottom two thirds of your screen are only showing the car. I'm not sure how to change this on a triple screen setup, but my view is a lot higher than that.