Endurance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by russvox, Jan 29, 2017.

1. russvox

russvox New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Just tried a 3 hr race with the gt3 cars because of the new manual pitstop. Sazuka with 33 entries.

A couple of really annoying things surfaced:

Started in sunrise and there was no transition in the time at all.
    The car just didnt have correct tyre wear. I even started really lighting it up out of some of the hairpins and went the race on one set.
    When you pause the race (as I did fo a cuppa) get back in after 10 mins and hey presto.........cold tyres and brakes.

I understand that there will be no night racing for a while (if ever) but come on, a little transition for us enduro lot please.

The other points just need re-coding I guess.

All in all promising, but annoying

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This isnt a possibility given the graphics engine and how it is set up right now as far as I know. The times of day you can adjust are "moods" or, set scenes. If there was some sort of transition between them, im not sure how it would technically work, and the transition would likely be very abrupt since the times of day are wildly different.

This is, with 100% certainty, impossible. There is no possible way to complete a 3 hr race on 1 set of tires unless you chose to use them when they were completely worn out. And by that point, accelerating out of any corner would be a nightmare.

Im guessing you didnt have tire wear turned on :p Since you mention going the full distance... and you also would have run out of fuel after 1 hr or so. Seems like both tire wear and fuel usage was off.

Where are you getting this information? Im assuming a third party app? As far as I know, the game doesnt reset tire temp or brake temp when you pause the game. I have never experienced this happening. Even so, cold tires in RR dont make a huge difference, so any change you feel is likely placebo :p

I can check this one out though.

Cheers

3. russvox

russvox New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Changed fuel, ran the race full to see if the tyres would last. When I finished the race i had some wear left. Not a lot but some. Both fuel and tyre wear was on. I presume this is the same system that if you run the ADAC masters rule you cant change the tyres during the race but can change the distance. So if the race is 5 mins the tyres will wear in 5 mins, and if the race is 100mins the tyres will wear in 100 mins.
    So I'd check your "100% impossibility" at the door please :)

With regards to the heat loss, I paused twice at the start of the start finish straight, first time I went straight off at the first corner and yes, I thought it was me.... So next time I broke well early. Straight off. Pretty sure it's a bug

4. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    What are you using to monitor tyre temps?

5. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Ignore @nate he's a bit... funny. o_O

If you can post the exact race setting you were using and the car, car setup, I'll try and confirm this tomorrow and get it reported if needs be.

Thanks,
    Dave.