Engines in ADAC 2014 too quiet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WozzaUK, Feb 19, 2016.

1. WozzaUK

WozzaUK Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone else think the engines in ADAC 2014 experience are too quiet? I just had my first serious drive with it and when I started in the pit lane I thought the engine was off! When I revved however I could see it was definitely on but at tickover I couldn't even hear the engine :eek:. I initially thought it was a bug but I checked another car and it was the same.

I checked my volume settings in the options and the master etc was on 100% so it's not that. Once I'm running I can hear the engine but at tickover there is virtually nothing.

Are the ADAC cars in real life really quiet or something? o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Just checked live footage, its not that loud of a series, so I guess its realistic.

3. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    They are definitely not quiet especially the BMW Z4 has a very loud sound and the Corvette and Camaro are not quiet either.

How about to turn up your volume of your headset/sound system?
    When I race with the GT Masters my parents always tell me to put my volume down so it can't be that quiet. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    When I race with the GT Masters my son also always tells me to put my volume down so it can't be that quiet. ;) :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    In real life the cars are quite loud, but they aren't to quite in R3E. You just need to crank up your volume a bit. In general the sound in R3E might sound not so loud in comparison to other games. But that's a bit wanted to achieve a more realistic sound that doesn't clip due to to high volumes and while playing several sounds.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I want more "vrooom" when i press the trigger to start the engine. There is mostly "nothing" to hear :-(

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. WozzaUK

WozzaUK Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    TBH it's not the general volume of sound I'm complaining about. I would say that's acceptable. It's the tickover volume when you are either in the pits or when you pullover to the side of the track. I literally can't hear the engine at that point. It almost seems to completely disappear. To me it just doesn't seem realistic. I was just wondering, that's all.

@Alice Margatroid Do you have a link I can see? I did go on Youtube last night but couldn't find anything that was good enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0

Its a bit louder then the first video I found, but ya, just mess with your audio settings at it will eventually get loud enough. also double check your headphones, sometimes they are not plugged in all the way.

9. WozzaUK

WozzaUK Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    There are no onboards in that video.