Resolved error 503

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Jynn, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I can't start the game, it just loads for a while and then displays a error 503 can't login to portal message. I have read through other threads with potential solutions and nothing works. In one thread the mod asks for a tracert to game.raceroom.com. I ran that and encountered some timeouts. Have attached screenshot. Another solution suggested deleting the browsercache folder but this did not help for me.
    Any ideas please?

Attached Files:

2. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Some of the usual suspects you could check:
    1. 3rd party antivirus/firewall products
    2. Delete your profile folder under my documents (backup first)
    3. Let steam check your game files

3. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Well there's egg on my face. Since it was a brand new install I assumed that validating wasn't necessary but turns out that was exactly the issue! :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  4. TinMan

TinMan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I have a similar issue as of today (20/01/2020). I get an error "can't connect to server. Error code: 0" and the web browser opens this "502 Bad gateway" message even before the loadscreen. Alternatively, the game loads and I can set up my race, but when I press Go race nothing happens. If I try to exit to desktop, there is a message that aother session (or sth similar) is allready running.
    I did a steam file validate and supposedly a single file was missing, however nothing seems to have been downloaded.
    Yesterday evening eerything was OK. Any suggestions?

EDIT: my issue was solved after waiting for approx. 30 seconds after clicking go race button. Session was then loaded normally, and subsequent sessions were loaded without delay.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  5. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    Error 0 is a network connection problem. I had it myself for a while. I could not find the root cause, but it was solved when my ISP gave me a new public IP.

6. TinMan

TinMan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply. It might have been something with my connection, yes. Maybe a momentary disconect or sth, since I was online, at least to my knowledge. It got sorted by itself, the way I described in my edit. Cheers!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020