Resolved Error 503

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by rafael_ds, Jun 13, 2016.

1. rafael_ds

rafael_ds New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Error 503 since yesterday... Anyone else? If not, how can I solve it? Thanks

2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Been getting it for last 6 months, it is pot luck if the game runs.

3. wad53

wad53 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I just tried now, and I'm getting in ok without any error messages. I'm in QLD.
    I've been occasionally getting 503 error, but when I log off and re-try again, it's ok.

4. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I find it works okay earlier in the day when I check to see if I can get on but when I want to actually play in the evening it is 503 after 503

5. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    I am just south of Sydney and "touch wood" have had very few instances of "503" at all. (That's going to be the kiss of death isn't it!)
    Just wondered if it could be related to the NBN rollout in some way. I don't have it here.

6. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    We don't have it here either but if i remember correctly i only seem to have got these 503's since i bought some content accidently through steam for r3e

7. ThatSabineGirl

ThatSabineGirl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Decided to move from Forza etc to a real sim, so downloaded R3E the other day, but I've had nothing but error 503 since then, not managed to get in even once. :disappointed:

8. [SQ.R.T]_VaXoU_FR

[SQ.R.T]_VaXoU_FR Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Someone got issues for that 503 error ? I got it until 3 weeks ! I can log in the R3E website , I make a new installation of Steam and R3E , don't work , cut firewall don't work , hard reset my modem , don't work . What happen seriously ? I've got all content and I can't play !

9. F1Aussie

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Yes very frustrating, I get it all the time, it generally doesn't work for me until around 11pm!
    I think sector 3 really need to look into this as it is happening to far too many people.
    Not sure if the incoming patch addresses this or not.

10. Bogues

Bogues New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    error 503 !!!! error 503 !!!! error 503 !!!! error 503 !!!! error 503 !!!! error 503 !!!!

What the hell is going on with this server?? I play yesterday fine sure most times i had to try start he game 2-3 tiems to get on but then it worked.
    No today I have tried more 200 times to get on and it says error 503 every time and when I try to type in log in details it says error 2209 already logged in with steam id ... well if im already logged in why the hell cant i join ...
    I try to log onto the website gone to account settings to de associate account and it says i dont even have an account associated with the steam .. wtf this is driving me crazy so many people have this problem and no real effort to fix it? Yesterday it was working fine and I had Bought about 80% of the content hosted online sessions and only tried a couple of cars and tracks so far ...

Look at these other people who cant get on what the hell is going on... take the money but dont fix anything?

11. Bogues

Bogues New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    "You may also want to try clearing out the following folder: Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\BrowserData"

still says error 503 but it will now log into the game ..

Finally something that works.. I have looked everywhere deleted a million things and too many other things i would not reccommend anyone to try ... and i didnt see this mention anywhere b4 ... after doing a lot of research i believe my game crashed memory dump maybe a blues screen b4 this started happening ... and not once could i get in ... this info may help someone else so maybe will need to be easier to find.. also i hope that the steam id joining the game will maybe prevent some instances of this. ..

One issue i did not know i had was that i had some previous account made under one of my email address ... that email some how was linked to the steam id even tho every time i was login into the game i had put my new account login i made ... and was only after 1 week that an error started to come up telling me that i had already steam log in id... this seem very strange and i did not know it meant the game was log in with a different login id because as far as i knew i had for the whole week only 1 account.. and log in but i had one that was about a year old.

Also this explained a worry that I had when Iogged into my account and it said i had 0 km driven and no owned content ... as everything i bought ( from clicking in game and purchased thru adding funds to steam converted in to vrm ) while i thought i was log into my only account was actually going to the old account i didnt know that i had . So this is a relief I havent lost all the items.... just a lot of time ...

Thanks Hannes

12. Calabresi W

Calabresi W New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yea, it´s being like that since the very Sector3 startup, for me it was at very beginning of Raceroom, login error at start, I don´t remember if it was related with Simbin login server I had merged, maybe I´m wrong here with my memories, or even if the same server is used, dosen´t matter anyway, never had trouble with Simbin login since 2006-2007 til today, hope I wont, but saw some people having it.

I can´t remember IF, and what I did to solve my login trouble with Sector3 start, but I never saw Sector3 representative giving, saying or show concern about it, and that is an issue for me, I dont have the problem now, but see people having it and nothing being done or words about is frustrating and seems not respectful.

If we had only random fail login I don´t think we would have this discussion, but one friend could not login for weeks and he have some valuable content. And another got away. Yet, 2 other that is know for bad connection never had that problem. EDITED/included that cause I think as an experience ex. to try to solve this.

This need to be addressed.

PS. to Sector3
    The fact it´s online is a problem it self, so make it work properly the least or drop it, I remember when I had that at start, I dont anymore, and that made me rage quit far away for some good time, then almost year ago I started to have some fun and not headaches, online model make me think twice when I want content, I´m not wealth enough to have even what I want, imagine the risk of my fun being spoiled when I want race/play, I dont risk with that for years of bad experience of "online only", I weith a lot when I choose what to buy. I´m with Sector3 for the love of simracing that you do very well, if it was about the price I would be far away not even remembering your name.

Thanks,
    Wilson Calabresi

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016