Bug Fabcar 935 broken in one of the recent updates?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Acidicheartburn, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Acidicheartburn

Acidicheartburn New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I hope this is the right place to post this, sorry if is not.

Since one of the recent updates, it seems like the Fabcar 935 is broken. It loses traction and uncontrollably spins whenever I press the brakes at any kind of significant speed. I seriously can't even drive it because any time I hit the brakes it feels like the wheels just go completely tractionless and don't regain it until after I've spun out. It happens when braking in a straight line. I'm using ABS so it's not possible that my wheels are locking up. Yes, this is happening when the tires are cold but that has never been an issue for me with this or any other car in the game until very recently with the 935. If you listen to the tire squeals it sounds like the wheels are dragging like bad shopping cart wheels. It almost feels like the entire car goes light and is barely skimming along the ground, as if gravity is suddenly reduced. I'm doing nothing differently and nothing in my game options should have been changed. I'm using a default setup for the car. So far it's the only car I've noticed that does this. Other cars I've tried since the update all with zero problems: Group 5 Monza, Group 5 Capri, Group 5 Corvette, both Group C cars, IMSA GTO Nissan, Volkswagen Sirocco, Volkswagen ID.R, Touring Classics BMW 635, BMW M1 Procar. This issue occurs on multiple race tracks. Has anyone else experienced this problem? The Fabcar 935 is entirely undrivable right now, which is really disappointing because it's one of my favorites. Everything else from the latest updates have been absolutely stellar and I'm loving the game more than ever, especially with Watkins Glen. The gear I am using is a full set Logitech G920 Wheel and Pedals plus stick shift.

I have recorded a short video demonstrating the behavior and a comparison to the Chevy Monza at the same time but the forum won't let me post the link yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Acidicheartburn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Here is the video:

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for reporting! There really seems to be something completely off with that specific car. I'll pass that on to the devs.

Oli

4. BeefMcQueen

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately I could not reproduce your issue with the Fabcar's brake behaviour. Try to confirm your brakebias setting right after loading the default setup (one click in any direction will do) and see if the problem still exists. One thing I realised as you load the default setup for the Fabcar is, that you still have two older setups stored. Better delete those, to be sure they don't interfere in any way. Hope that helps.

Oli

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Acidicheartburn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I tried everything you asked and the car is still behaving abnormally. I made a new video showing a few more settings, including messing around with the brake bias, and I included the pedals overlay so you can see I am not simply jamming on the brakes and upsetting the car.

6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I've been practicing in cars from this class all week, and I don't have an issue with the Fabcar either.

Try adjusting the Engine Braking Reduction setting. The higher the setting, the less "braking" you get from the engine when you release the throttle. Makes a big difference to some of these beasts.

7. Acidicheartburn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I tried messing with the engine braking reduction, it makes zero difference. That was actually the first thing I tried, assuming that maybe the new update had messed with the default engine-braking character of the car. In fact, I've never really needed the engine braking reduction on any car that I've found. If you watch the second video you can see even when braking gently the rear end completely loses traction. I even coasted a little bit before hitting the brakes to demonstrate that the engine braking isn't causing the issue. It's only hitting the brakes that causes the tires to go crazy. It really feels like it's just the rear brakes/tires on the car that are affected.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You say you are using the abs assist? Try turning that off and see if the car still has the problem. It may be the assist is causing a problem for this car (no idea why it would, but let's try and eliminate any variables)

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Read this thread, hopped into the Fab at Road America, fanbloodytastic, thought this one was strange as I was only going through the G5's last week with no issues at all. It actually drives far better than it ever has, now I reckon I had this problem with the GTR3 Audi before the update, as the moment I touched the brakes it just rotated, very much like the clip above. Personally I'd get rid of the entire setups folder and let the game rebuild the directory from scratch. You definitely don't want any old setups left lying around, hence getting rid of the whole lot, just to make sure. Acidicheartburn your description of driving on castors was my exact description, when I reported issues with the Audi, I fancy there is a little bug lurking in the machine, could very well have something to do with old setups so make sure you rid yourself of them in their entirety.

10. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I did watch your video, which is why I made the suggestion since your setup had EBR set to 1. That's max engine braking. I'm trying to understand your problem because when I drive the Fabcar it absolutely does not react the way it does in your video. I've literally got a Gr5 race coming up on Saturday so have been playing around with these cars all week.

Coasting is not really indicative of anything. If the rear is coming around like that, it means loss of traction on the rear. Engine braking alone may not cause that loss, but engine braking + regular braking might, hence my suggestion.

What game mode, track and time of day are you using? I'd like to try the exact same conditions as you and see if the same thing happens. Also attach your setup file if you can.

11. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    This looks a lot like no front brakes/brake bias 100% on the rear.
    I'm looking in to it!

12. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    This is 100% default setup, no changes at all. I could take my hands off the wheel and still the car wouldn't spin even with the brake to the floor. Weird.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Now try with ABS assist

14. BeefMcQueen

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Seems as if the reason why the Fabcar behaves like that is found. It's a combination of the forced (non-factory) ABS, like @ravey1981 already suspected, and the fully locked differential the Fabcar features as the only car. So this bug will definitely be fixed. The only workaround in the meantime, would be to not using the forced ABS on the fabcar.

Oli

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Acidicheartburn

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I had a suspicion the problem was with ABS but I didn't have any more time to test the issue as I had to work. I knew I wasn't crazy and it's not my driving style. Thankyou to everyone who offered suggestions. I was willing to try just about everything to fix the problem. Sadly I won't be driving the Fabcar until it gets fixed. I'm just not talented enough to drive without ABS in racing sims, as I'm just a casual player with a crap brake pedal (Logitech pedals...). Lucky for me then that Raceroom has a bunch of other incredibly fun stick shift race cars to enjoy in the meantime. :D

• Like Like x 3
  16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Just put the braking strength down to about 90% and you will be sweet.

• Agree Agree x 3