Question fair play

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by XXVI Sol, Mar 27, 2015.

1. XXVI Sol

XXVI Sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    hi yall,i'm new to this sim, I come from another one and so far having a blast, playing till my eyes bleed.
    I like most aspects of this game except to one, wrecking ,whether its intended or accidental or just means to an end for racers who really must win.This doesnt only happen with free content users but even with paid and even with very fast racers.
    Now I really dont think punishment or retribution is the answer to anything in the long run
    Instead one single act of fair play can create a ripple effect that changes everything in its way. So next time one takes someone out accidentally or by rush,just wait and give the place back.after all a fair win is much more rewarding, cheers

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    The famous Golden (or Gentlmen) Rule.
    Peace out

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    unfortunately it just very rarely happens, also i would appreciate at least a "sorry" for causing accidents (actually i blame the game as well for not having option to bind quick chat messages). Shit happens, thats not a big deal, all of us make mistakes, but it would be nice to see ppl handling this things as human beings (...or probably thats the problem these days, this is how human beings handling their problems, so lets say as gentlemen)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Ehh, a touchy subject. If I'm looking to make a pass and the other person cuts me off/tries to squeeze me under braking, I'm not going to try to avoid anything. It's his lack of racing knowledge that usually ends up with him facing the wrong way. You defend BEFORE braking, not DURING. The best way to race people is to make fairly predictable moves. Similarly, if I get a run on someone's outside and get an overlap, if he tries to cover it I won't let off the gas and he'll spin himself off of me. It's his responsibility to leave room if he's not sure if there's any.
    I don't feel any need to stop or say sorry in these situations. I don't see drivers doing this in real life and I really don't see the need to.

Basically, I take the approach of "I race you how you race me", at least until I've experienced how some drivers race. However, I've met a dozen drivers in multiplayer that I've had great races with and when racing these guys I'll do my utmost best to avoid contact in all situations. If they do some of the things I've mentioned above I'll just point it out at the end of the race and leave it at that.

5. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Meh Emilio ( @::SKRO:: )
    Cuts me off all the time but he is a real gentleman off the track so that's ok :p

Just kidding, If I take out someone it's always because of my stupidity and I will never take advantage of it.
    FairPlay is key to fun

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    In any case: look at your replay to check out what really happened. Recently at Laguna I was racing the beasty Zakspeed Capri and as I´m quiet stable with it I started as second of six and right at the top of the hill (start/finish straight) my car became tailhappy and I spun - and I was sure someone was pushing me into so that I was about to make a rough comment. But in fact due to the noise at start I didn`t hear my engine and was a bit too optimistic on the throttle....bad luck...:(

7. Lost77

Lost77 Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My Civic ended on the roof a few minutes ago in the second corner of Hungaroring, was 10/20 or something like that and ended last place...left the game...