Problem Fanatec CSL Elite LC Pedals show up as a Missing Device

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Stiggosaurus, Mar 24, 2018.

1. Stiggosaurus

Stiggosaurus New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Found a few others who seemed to be having a similar issue with a quick Google search, but no obvious resolution. I've got a Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 with CSL Elite LC pedals attached directly to the wheelbase. RaceRoom detects the wheel just fine, but nothing I've done has been successful at getting it to recognize the pedals. I've rebooted multiple times, tried different USB ports, and ensured I'm on the latest drivers, but still haven't had any luck. The pedals work perfectly in the two other sims I play regularly (AC and PCars).

Any ideas?

2. Stiggosaurus

Stiggosaurus New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ...and of course 5 minutes after I post this I figured it out.

If anyone else has the same problem, all you have to do is double click the control binding in the controller profile setup, then press the correct pedal. The pedal will be assigned properly and the "Fanatec CSL Elite LC Pedals" will no longer show up as missing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Hi Stiggosaurus,Thanks your message triggered me

Also in my case suddenly the CSL Elite pedals are missing? Did not had that before today. Out of curiosity: you bind the three separate keys in the primary settings per pedal right? Then it does make/create a new custom profile. The default profile keeps saying in red text that the pedals are missing. Is that also in your control screen visible when you select the profile page?

4. Sébastien Gagnon

Sébastien Gagnon New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If you didn’t install the clutch pedal like I do, make sure there is no assignment to the clutch pedal in the main functions. It did the trick for me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Viggdred

Viggdred Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +118 / 0 / -0
    For me, the issue is when I connesct the pedals to the wheelbase with the supplied RJ12...
    Can't find them on the Fanatec driver :)
    It's ok with USB plugged on the PC...

6. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Thx. In my case the strange thing is that the pedals are still connected via the wheel RJ12. No changes made on the hardware side. It shows up in the Fanatec config tool. Until yesterday it worked fine in R3E and now it shows in red that a device is missing. (the Fanatec pedals). Not a real issue it works via a 'work around' so I let it rest for the moment.

I use the manual clutch in combination with a H shifter. I try to simulate the real life car as much as possible. Classic GT5 is awesome with the H shifter :)

7. Sébastien Gagnon

Sébastien Gagnon New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Right. Same for me. It just doesn’t work plugging the RJ12 cable in the wheelbase. Must use USB cable in PC.

• Informative Informative x 1