Problem Fanatec CSR working properly

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Joeks, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Joeks

Joeks Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hello guys, anyone have some experience with the Fanatec CSR working properly?? I've got it working fine, but sometimes the pedal goes full throttle, and sudden loss of FFB on regular occasion. Removing and reinstalling the USB-cable seems to be the solution for now..but when you race a fourty minutes race..no way.. I 've already installed the latest Firmware and Software on the wheel from their site.

www.fanatec.com/eu-en/support/product;old_product_id;62

Anyone can help me out? That would be great! Thnx..

Greets, Jeremy

2. Henri Puustinen

Henri Puustinen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Most likely you have some debris in your pedals. Open it up and clean out all stuff in the potentiometers. I have the CSR pedals and they were spiking like hell until I cleaned it out.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Use pure alcohol or electrical safe solvents.

Don't put any grease so that it could accidentally work it's way in to the pots. I usually put a tiny amount of vaseline grease or universal white lithium grease on the cog wheels so the action is smooth.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joeks

Joeks Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Eejj thanks, that should be the problem with the pedals..It seems very dusty in there.. ;)

5. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully it solves it mate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Joeks

Joeks Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    The problem was with the cable..mannaged to fix it, so that's solved :)
    But I still got the loss of feedback after 20 minutes or so.. then I have to reset the power switch, and use the "back" button to connect to the PC again..and then it's fine for another 15 mins.. Could it be a build-inn safety mechanism, so it shuts the main motor off, because of overheating?

7. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Check that both your fans are working as they should and are set to "always on" (consult manual for settings).

Also I would suspect that the FFB motor is maybe starting to wore out. The motor used in the CSR is very very cheap and it's brushed mening it will get worn out eventually.

Check in-game FFB monitor (map a key for it) so you don't get FFB spiking, if so turn down your FFB values.

Also go in to device manager, find the wheel under Human Interface Devices, right click and set it so that Windows doesn't set it in powersaving mode.

8. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    just updated the driver of my CSW V2, 273. I got exactly the same problem. After a few minutes the ffb is gone while driving and the fans are blowing like hell. Never had this issue before ... looks like a nice evening :( is it just raceroom or any game?

Just wrote Fanatec a support request. I hope it's the driver and not the wheel

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  9. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    ups sorry, you are talking about the CSR right?

10. Joeks

Joeks Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Yes the csr..have the same problem right now, but when I reset the power, it works again..

11. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I just realized, it happens while driving of an curb. Strange thing

12. Joeks

Joeks Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, I think i just overdone the FFB settings..pushed it to the max.. so the build in safety kicked in, fortunately:D..Now with reasonable FFB strengt settings, not bad at all, no problem..;) But I'm still trying things out to make it work even better, check the FFB mapping, so I can post it on a couple of forums, so when someone else encounters the same problem, they know what to do..pfffto_O haha.. Eejj but thanks for your reply!!

Greetz:)! Jer

• Like Like x 1
  13. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Nice to hear that you got it sorted.

I have a CSR FM wheel and when it works it feels good but at the moment the centering alignment keeps going off by a couple of degrees, even with a replacement sensor from Fanatec so will try to see do some measuring and see what's acting up. Will report it to their customer support too and try to get some more help from them.

They sais they could perform a wheelbase service for 70 eur + parts cost but...yeah, no.

If someone with a 3D printer could print a new encoder wheel for me (and for others) I would gladly supply the measurements and pay for it.

14. Joeks

Joeks Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Hi Henri, This CSR has the same problem too, so I have to steer the wheel more to the right at straights, but I can center the wheel manually bij pressing the two lower orange buttons as well as the A and B buttens at the same time, and then it stays centered, even when I leave the game and come back..its in the CSR-manual..but I guess you tried that already? 70 Euro'so_O ..pffft you can almost buy another for that kind of money..

15. Henri Puustinen

Ratings:
    +100 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I tried this too but then I need to do it once every lap or so.

When I changed the encoder sensor it worked for a whole nights driving in both RaceRoom and Automobilista but the day after it was the same. It also keeps the alignment longer when I re-flash the firmware and don't restart the wheel or computer so it could be software related too.

But I found the wheel in a dumpster practically so I shouldn't complain too much. It's fun to work on stuff and try to fix them.