Problem Fanatec CSW 2.5 causing terrible fps drop (solved)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Rath0s, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Rath0s

Rath0s Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Hi, today I got my CSW2.5, formula carbon rim and CSL LC pedals up and running on my rig. I have mainly been driving on R3E for a year now, and now all of a sudden fps has dropped massively, especially when there is vibration, when I drive over curbs the frame rate is as if someone is pressing pause and play 2-3 times. Same if I scrub a wall, and also sometimes under heavy breaking. Its fine for the first 10 minutes or so, then it starts.

I previously used Fanatec's old CSR wheel and pedals, and have not changed any graphical settings after installing the CSW2.5, CSL LC and formula carbon. Except I updated the nvidia driver 1 day before I got the new hardware, but shouldnt matter as other games that doesnt require a wheel have worked fine. Anyone else experienced this? Help!

EDIT: Just tried Dirt 2.0, it was on constant low fps (slowmotion). Tried turning off CSW while driving, pedals still connected, and the fps became nice and smooth and fast...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  2. geogan

geogan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. Rath0s

Rath0s Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I moved from i7 to AMD Ryzen. For some reason it didnt work with Intel processor. Another guy over at fanatec forum with the same issue, with an i7 processor.

4. geogan

geogan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well as can be seen in my signature I am using Ryzen 5950X ! So it's not that!

5. Rath0s

Rath0s Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I did change my motherboard aswell at the same time, my old one had usb 3.0 only, my new one has 2 usb 2.0 ports and use them for mye csw and csl pedals. Some people say they have had problems caused by using the usb 3.0 with fanatec.

6. Rath0s

Rath0s Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Try to turn off the wheel base while the fps drop is present, and see if it continues.

Have you tried this with any other games?

7. geogan

geogan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wheel and pedals work perfectly with every other game with this setup. Get rock solid 80FPS in them even at 1.5x supersampling in Automobilista 2

I have no USB2.0 ports at all on this new motherboard anyway.

8. Rath0s

Rath0s Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Then I have no idea, my case was swapping motherboard and processor.