FAO Mods: Dangerous driver report

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nickh158, Jul 8, 2021.

1. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Please examine the behaviour of the highlighted driver and take appropriate action. Myself and several other drivers narrowly avoided head-on collisions due to his reckless driving.
    I`ve only uploaded the relevant footage,
    Thanks.

2. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Need more details.
    Which Server,
    Date
    His name

3. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    It was Rookie server possibly 3 (the replay says Nurburgring sprint 3), 7/7/21, @21:46, V. Micross.

4. Iain Richmond

Iain Richmond New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Disgusting What a moron

5. 16sth

16sth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Couldn't the software be designed that people like this would be teleported back to the pits and only allowed to leave the race by alt-F4. They were going the wrong way for at least 10 seconds. Surely the game could detect this and take action? "you're going the wrong way. DQ in 3 ... 2 ... 1"

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    This is already in the game, but the server hoster needs to enable it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Did anything come of this?

8. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I hope it will. We dont need this moron. Go and play Forza or whatever if you want to be like that.

9. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
  10. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    The problem I have is lack of feedback. Surely this person should have been banned permanently. Was he? Who knows.

11. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    This is the only one i can find with that name also it matches the race dates.
    (I guess you are Nik Holliday ingame?):D
    If you use Otter Webhud you can enable the feature to show unique ID of a player in front of his drivername.
    That should make 100% sure who he is even when changing his name.

12. nickh158

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I can`t use otterhud due to the framerate hit, but I`ve provided all the relevant information and nothing can be done? So it`s a waste of my time reporting this, and drivers can do whatever they like and get away with it?

13. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    One of the things missing in the game is a clear ban penalty list and a list of currently banned players. I can understand the latter as there could be a lot of people just adding the people on that list to their own perma banned server lists.

As I understand it, unless someone is bug/hack exploiting the game or doing something "bad" like hate speech then they get a time out ban from ranked servers not all the multiplayer client nor competitions or single player mode. Is that correct?

Perhaps it would be good to communicate a bit more and elaborate if there is a sliding scale of bans according to type of offence and repeat infractions and also who decides the bans - are some of them people we raced against and therefore may not be objective???

In Esports they do that so why not for the normal game?

14. 16sth

16sth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    It's an official Raceroom rookie server. Surely Raceroom would have something in place for the rookie server as they know this can occur?