Feature Request - Option to keep worn tyres after entering the garage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C.Rogers, Jan 23, 2018.

1. C.Rogers

C.Rogers Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi, this one is for the devs.

I would like to be able to test setup changes on old tyres. As it is right now when you enter the garage and return to the track you receive fresh rubber. Being able to make changes and test the behaviour on worn rubber is a must for me when endurance racing. Currently I work around this by increasing tyre wear. Problem with this approach is you have a few laps before the tyres move out of the window when they are yellow or amber. Other times I track test starting with a full tank of fuel to measure fuel consumption, tyre wear, setup behaviour and car balance and performance over a full stint. I think it would be an asset to be able to enter the garage, make changes to the setup and choose to retain the current tyres rather than take fresh rubber.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. C.Rogers

C.Rogers Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Any devs reading this post?

This would be a wonderful feature for raceroom. Imagine completing 20 laps at Hungary on the same rubber while testing changes made in the garage over and over again. it would be nice to have a keep tyres option and a keep fuel option. However fuel is easy since you can always set it to what you had in the car before you entered the garage.