ffb and contact to opponents

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fl0wf1r3, Aug 24, 2017.

1. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I have a question regarding the ffb and opponents. When crashing into an opponent (I only know the AI, never driven a multiplayer race) I can hardly feel it in the steering wheel. Yesterday, I was driving in Spielberg with the BMW M235i. When I drive into the back of an opponent I don't feel anything in the steering wheel? I mean I touches the back of the car and not ramming him :)
    Sometimes there is a slight effect but most of the time there is nothing? When you pass a car and touches the side of an opponent I don't feel anything either. I am wondering if it is meant to be like this? My ffb settings on my Fanatec CSW v2 are currently almost on standard.

2. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I've driving a thrustmaster and feel also nothing if i hit a car or hit by a car. (ofcourse by accident)
    It is not so weird if you look It back in the replay. (the cars crashes before there is realy contact, mayby because a airbubble?) :D
    o_O:cool::p

3. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I remember Rallycross in DiRT Rally, there you can clearly feel when you got hit by a car. Since most of the times I was doing time trials I have never realised it that this effect is missing in Raceroom. Sometimes you can feel something but most of the time it is too late when you feel it, then you are already spinning out and you dont know what happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    And when you hit someone by accident and feel nothing you don't appoligice after the race or wait in the race if your opponent spin-off
    Because you're not sure it's your fault unless the crash is to big

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I see, there is room for improvement :) its actually quite important I would say otherwise it can be very frustrating when you don't know why you loose control over your car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    try bumping up the shock on your wheel and tweaking your controller file; the line/ jolt magnitude try 2.0 using a text editor

Andi

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    sounds good, what exactly do you mean by "the shock" ? the rest is clear to me. I will give it a try this evening :)

8. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Why tweaking my controller, isn't it possible to change some setting in the game?

9. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Looks like something in the game was changed (last patch maybe).
    I had an accident 2 days ago in MP and didnt feel a thing in FFB, so i thought it wasnt me till the other guy told me it WAS me.
    it wasnt like that before... FFB used to give a clear indication of any contact

10. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    yes but not enough / 1 max in game..... and this is 10 times quicker

Andi

11. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    jolt magnitude was already on 2.0. I changed it to 3.0 and its still very week. Perhaps I have to increase it even more? how is this value influenced by other settings from the ffb?