FFB, FWD vs RWD settings?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bojan.bogdanov, Feb 23, 2017.

1. bojan.bogdanov

bojan.bogdanov Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone know how much difference should be, if any, in FFB settings betwen FWD and RWD cars?

I noticed that, when i set springs and dampers settings in profiler to 100, i have too much understeer in corner entry on FWD cars, but when i set that settings to 0 i dont have that much understeer, car feel more agile and thus much better lap times. On RWD cars is other way around, when settings are at 100, car is much easier to control and slides are easily caught, cars feels very stable and i can push at the limit, but when i set settings to 0 cars feels like driving on the ice! Slides are unpredictable and much harder to catch. When i tested this, i used same car setup on all settings.

I was wondering is there any FFB settings in game that i should change depending on what car i use, FWD or RWD?

2. jb2_86_uk

jb2_86_uk Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    *theoretically*at least, the only difference you should feel in the FFB would be torque-steer in the FWD car. How this relates in the sim I do not know. I would be surprised if we were expected to change FFB settings depending on what car we drove! Maybe someone who has experimented with the settings can help?