Problem FFB Not working right

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by LLYarley, Feb 12, 2021.

1. LLYarley

LLYarley New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I own a Logitech g923 and the ffb isn't working right, it will do random thing constantly. when I go in a straight line, it will pull in one direction and then just change direction and go crazy. Do I have problems in my ffb setup or what else could it be?
    Thanks

2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Was the G923 correctly recognised by the game? There should be an equally named profile to choose from under controller profiles. According to your description, the issue could also simply be due to a wrong inversion setting in the FFB options. For Logitech devices, this must be set to 'Inverted Force Feedback <On>'. Hope that helps.

Oli

3. LLYarley

LLYarley New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    thanks. I had to make a custom profile for the wheel because it doesn't recognize it. thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    The game should recognise it though... At least there's a profile for this wheel in the game, as far as I see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BeefMcQueen

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Passed that on to the devs. There are actually two profiles for the G923 the game can choose from: one for PS and one for Xbox, both with their own IDs. Maybe that's why that automatic detection fails sometimes. One of the testers added it to our bugtracker, so it will be looked at. I hope you found some good own settings for your wheel, for now?

Oli

6. Krystian Sulkiewicz

Krystian Sulkiewicz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I have similar symptoms with the Trustmaster T500RS. It all started when today I wanted to change the settings and reassign buttons and controllers. When the game loads and the car is in the pit, the steering wheel starts spinning with the maximum FFB back and forth like crazy:confused:

7. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I had not raced RRE for a while and had some weird occilating and knocking in my TM TMX wheel while driving. Deleted old profiles, made a new one....all good now....better than before!

• Like Like x 1
  8. CannedBear

CannedBear New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same problem here with the Thrustmaster T150. Worked fine a few weaks ago. Maybe some changes with one of the last Updates? (Didn't touch the FFB Settings for month)
    I can drive 1 or 2 laps normally than the Wheel starts to behave strange. Pulls suddenly hard to the left, then hard to the right. No damage to the car. Happens only in R3E, not in any other Sim.

9. BeefMcQueen

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    The issue you have occurs due to a misinterpreted flat spot signal. Some Thrustmaster wheels do that for some reason. This is under investigation. As a workaround, for now, flat spots have been removed from all TM profiles, so it's highly recommended to start with a completely fresh controller profile. Just do the same what ozcanuck did. Delete old profile, click the default one for your T150/TMX, assign your preferred buttons and axis and all should be good. Hope that helps.

Oli

• Like Like x 1