FIA CBCC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pastor_Chris, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Going to be another FIA Citroen Boring Car Championship.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thomas Friedrich

Thomas Friedrich Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    I don't get it... what's your intention with this thread?o_O

3. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Just showing my distain. I think the wtcc need to rework something to add a more balanced league. The middle of the pack was great to watch.

4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    The other cars are fairly well matched. Remove the works Citroëns and you've got a competitive series. The problem is, even in the reverse grid race the Citroëns have the pace to make their way to the front within a couple of laps. It's no fun watching three or four Citroëns racing amongst themselves well ahead of the rest of the pack.

The answer could be more works involvement but even Honda can't compete and Lada is still quite new to this.

I'm interested to see how the TCR series fares this year. It has the potential to be a much better spectacle than WTCC. The use of more spec components and lower operating costs should make it very competitive for drivers/spectators and attractive to smaller independent teams. It's very encouraging to see so many famous touring car teams and drivers involved already.

5. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    @usgrossetofc ... dumb me! I didn't get the joke...o_O
    Now I agree, but it's up to the other manufacturers to build a competitive car. It's always the same, looking back a few years, there was no car to match the Chevrolets...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I just feel that the Citroens are at an unfair advantage being the league is FIA run. Hopefully something will happen to even out the balance. Chevy is working on a new engine package, hopefully Lads and Honda can come up with something.

James, I agree the TCR series is going to be a real treat to watch. I was actually more excited for that series than the wtcc

7. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    And don't forget, Italy, USA, and Asia will have a TCR series as well. I was excited to see Morbidelli join tcr

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Also the likes of Jordi Gene and Pepe Oriola too.

Yep, I think it's got a future. That's why I started a thread on this forum a few weeks back asking if Sector3 intended to try and licence this series.

9. Thomas Friedrich

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Just took notice of the TCR... sounds good to me. This could become an interesting series. Are there any details about broadcasting rights? Streaming or on TV?
    I agree to @James Cook that it would be great to see those touring cars in R3E.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pastor_Chris

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    @Thomas Friedrich I cannot find any info on broadcasting rights. Although since I'm in the USA all we ever hear about is NASCAR

11. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps they will do a live stream on Youtube?

12. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    This is what you get when a manufacturer gets the new rules & regulations and builds a car a year before everyone else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations to Citroen; they built a better car than anyone else. Remember when that used to be allowed?

I have other problems with WTCC; namely travelling around the world for such ridiculously short races and the amount of contact allowed to go unpunished, but Citroen winning is fair enough. Weirdly though, I'm starting to think it might be in the interests of their marketing department to slow their cars down a bit so too many people aren't lost by their dominance.

Now I just wish they'd concentrate a bit more on their rally car, which is actually in a competitive series!

14. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Exactly, they got the regs they wanted and built the car well in advance of every other team. I'm fine with a team building a great car and reaping the rewards, but in this case the odds were well stacked in Citroën's favour.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Sparkyplug

Sparkyplug New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Also can't wait for tcr it looks very intresting

I find wtcc very dull at the minute like others say because you know who will win before you sit down and now with Citroen have 5 cars on the grid its a bit daft! But the I'm spoilt by BTCC which can be won by any1 of 15 or so cars on their given day with grids of 25+ maybe more!

• Like Like x 2