FIA F3 possibilities?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CheesemanKGP, Jun 23, 2015.

1. CheesemanKGP

CheesemanKGP Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    While I was working at Spa this weekend for the FIA F3, we were supporting The ADAC GT series and noticed the series was sponsored by Raceroom, which makes sense as there's a package for this sim and I believed I saw some employees wearing Raceroom team kit there

Just wondering if there's a thought of adding the European F3 series as a content pack for this sim in the future, would love to hear people's thoughts on this as its a really exciting championship and would be a good addition to the other content packs for this game! Many of the tracks on the calendar are already included in the game as the European F3 championship follows most of the DTM rounds

Thanks!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I'd love to see this as well as ADAC formula 4. The thing I enjoy most about R3E is having real series and those two would be great adds to the series and I'd snap both of em up the moment they were released.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    As I understand it the code for open wheeler animations is in the works. What we'll get is the question. I should imagine it will be worth waiting for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    F3 is a great series, I've seen it a few times when I used to go and watch the DTM at Brands Hatch and it's nice to see some of those guys go on to bigger things (Carlos Sainz jr. & Pascal Wehrlein spring to mind).

FIA F3 as R3E content would make sense in many ways.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I think we'll get a Formula A type car but I'd almost bet we'll get at least one fantastic true to life open wheel series out of it and perhaps two. F3 and Formula 4 would be perfect and I'm excited at the possibility. Call me a fanboy or whatever but I'm truly excited for what's coming in this sim. I know a lot of the other studios like to play things close to the vest and keep everything secret but what I love about the development team and this sim is we know what's coming and for me at least it's hard to temper that excitement. Knowing that we'll have open wheel cars, Spa, Paul Ricard, Silverstone, the Green Hell, and the Audi prototype and TT series along with new DTM and ADAC content makes me as excited as a child before Christmas morning. It's been quite some time since I've looked so forward to spending money.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. spin209

spin209 Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Many people wanted open wheel car!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. garytc78

garytc78 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Open wheelers is my dream! Hope to see it soon!

8. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    And another thought, I cannot wait to see what Anthony can make the open wheelers sound like. :) Kid in a candy store.

• Like Like x 1
  9. garytc78

garytc78 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I hope something very close to reiza f1 sounds! ...best so far! :)

10. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Lets see if @Jay Ekkel has anything to say...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Richard Powell

Richard Powell Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    I'd be very surprised if we didn't get a Caterham at some point, maybe a CSR 200. The game needs something like that as an entry level freebie, plus they're huge fun to drive and great for leagues/series.

12. CheesemanKGP

CheesemanKGP Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Wow didn't expect a response like this for my first post, if there's any need for more persuasion, there's no other sim out there (correct me if I'm wrong!) with a licensed up to date F3 Championship so that surely would make a good unique selling point! There's grid autosport with the dallara F312 chassis but meh, and with racerooms other content packs to prove they can do a decent job if this is possible

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Jack Mitchell

Jack Mitchell Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Raceroom would need better crash damage to give a realistic current F3 experience!...

*F3 crash fest joke coming from a guy who crashes alot on sims*