Flag Notification

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rhino_WJB, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Rhino_WJB

Rhino_WJB Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Could anyone here advise which of the HUD overlays must be enabled in order for flags/penalties to be displayed?

I run with all HUD overlays off, except the enlarged Motec type LCD that sits in the lower right of the screen (very handy for when the display behind the wheel is very small else hard to read).

Problem was, I just ran an online race and got DQ'd for not serving a drive though. I did not even know I had received a penalty!

Ideally, basic flag conditions would be shown on the LCD by illuminated LEDs: yellow, blue, green etc.

I just got disqualified for a penalty I never knew I had :(

2. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    You have to put the Game Insertion (I think it says so in English. German: Spieleinblendungen) on.
    But there are no flags yet in the game except the Black flag.

3. Rhino_WJB

Rhino_WJB Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, Moritz. I'm not sure the German word translates directly to an English option, but I appreciate your effort.

Aside from the DQ, how would I be notified when I have been issued a drive through? The penalty system must need some work, as I didn't commit any offence to warrant a drive through, let alone a black flag. I ran wide whilst out of shape and received an "Off Track" warning, but then nothing to suggest I must serve a drive though.

It must be on one of the overlay options, but I don't want to run with the full HUD enabled (going for realism where possible).

4. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    If you put this on, you would get a pop up warning like "You have a drive through penalty".
    Sometimes if you go too wide off the track you get a drive through.
    But it is always very different if you get a drive through or not for my opinion.

If you want to drive with all HUD's of you must have a look at the chat. I think there comes a massage if you get one.

5. Steven Bull

Steven Bull Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I don't know if it's just me but I'll admit that even when I've had this appear to tell me I need to go for a drive through, I've completely missed it! I'm then surprised when I've been DQ'd. Only happened twice though, but both times I've missed the warning as I'm too focussed on the driving part to look elsewhere. I'd like a small flag or symbol to remain onscreen or like mentioned above a light on the lcd, warning you to enter pits, then when I'm on a straight and not mid corner I might see it!

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Yup.
    We really need a proper flag system!!
    And also a spotter voice who can notify us of those, and other things on and around the track!!
    I don't know how many times I have missed a drive through because of the small white little text message that appears.. .
    And besides, reading messages in the middle of a race isn't a good idea in the first place!
    Just like the missing of information, I don't know how many times I have wrecked because I've actually noticed them in a tight spot and tried to read it.. .

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I have missed a few drive drive thrus!!

8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Flags are really needed. The number of times I've piled into spun cars because I wasn't aware of an accident around the next bend.

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. Rhino_WJB

Rhino_WJB Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I would agree, a flag system would benefit the sim, and I'm sure the Devs already have this on the list to do.

The original question remains, however: which HUD layer must be enabled to receive notifications of drive through penalties?

10. CirKan

CirKan Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Ditto for me; in about 5 races in the final lap the race ended suddenly. When I got to find out what was going, I change the system of penalties to slow the car for a few seconds; I prefer the flags but are not implemented yet, and warnings go unnoticed during the race.

11. townnet

townnet Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Flag and safety car must have!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    I believe penalty notifications are currently included in the "main" overlays HUD layer.

13. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Yes but they are not good, imo

So easy to miss them. Then screwed.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Yatzeck

Yatzeck Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    After one and half year there's no update in the penalty warning system. It is copletely misunderstanding. In the middle of the battle the warning is displayed in one second and disappear forever! There are no sound or some clear message. And then, suddenly I'm out of the race... Hello is there anybody out there?... Dear devs wake up, this issue does not stick to the real racing world and ruins our races, please...

15. Paul Darke

Paul Darke Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    Pretty sure Crew Chief gives you a verbal warning if you use it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Sdemonnz

Sdemonnz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I'm pretty sure you're right Paul...and I'll add if you're not using crew chief you don't know what you're missing! It adds so much to the immersion of the game....get it you won't regret it!

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    +10,000 on Crewchief its epic !!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. baronkg

baronkg Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    Can somebody explain me why so many people wants flag rules etc. in game in which are missing adjustment for tire pressure or asymmetrical setup?? Can't understand your priority.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    maybe its not a priority , just something want ...

Andi

20. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Well in that case maybe someone somewhere has their priorities wrong.

People have been screaming out for full and proper animated flag\rules since day 0, 2016 nearly 2017, in a racing game that has been out for over 3 years, a basic requirement completely missing or poorly implemented.

It is a basic requirement for any motor racing game, it SHOULD be a priority.

And damn right its a want!!!

• Agree Agree x 1