Bug Force feedback violently pulling to the left, RRE unplayable

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Joost Baksteen, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Joost Baksteen

Joost Baksteen New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

I'm having this weird issue with my wheel, in sudden occasions will turns violently to the left and will
    keep on going to the left (this is the only game with this problem, AC, rf2, PC2, iRacing etc are fine).

It seems to appear when the FFB goes over a specific threshold, like when I go over curbs (or hit a wall).

If I drive slowly and on the road it's fine, but when pushing, or when you go over curbs suddenly it keeps
    pushing to the left.

When I press the 'reset FFB' button in the game it is fine again, but the next time you go over the
    curbs it will happen again.

Normally it will happen more then twice per lap, so RRE is basically unplayable for me.

I've tried to deduce the cause by changing the FFB settings to a minimum, one by one, but in the
    end everything was turned down and the problem still occurs.

Here's a video to show the problem (first the settings, then the problem) can somebody help me?

Wheel is an OSW wheel with Simucube 0.8.3 firmware.

Wheel settings (large mige):
    - 540 degrees, 0 bumpstop, 25% overall strength
    - recon 1, bw limit unlimited
    - center fq hz filter disabled
    - other files: 0%

Can somebody help me?

Thanks

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Turn off inverted FFB, maybe?

3. Joost Baksteen

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I tried that too, expecting the wheel to turn to the right, but it didn't change anything, it kept on going to the left.

4. Joost Baksteen

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok I fixed it with some tips from another forum, it's the "Jolt Magnitude" setting which is not configurable in the UI.

I had to open the controller RCS file and put this to 0 after this, it's fixed.

Is it an idea to make this configurable somewhere? Or even disable it by default?

• Informative Informative x 1