Question FOV and DQ questions

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by CCL71, Sep 21, 2015.

1. CCL71

CCL71 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello, forgive me if this has been answered before. I searched the forums but didn't see this asnwered.

Can someone tell me if there is a way to set the FOV to be the same in every car? It's a mimor annyance having to go back to options and adjust my FOV when I switch cars. It appears to be based on the series in that the WTCC cars are different than the GTR2 cars. In any event, it would be nice to have it set the same for every vehicle, or am I missing something?

My next quesiton is more of curiosity. I was DQ'd from a race with the Ai which is fine, I just didn't know what the infraction was. I know I cut the track but I gave the positions back to the AI. Was just wondering what I did wrong as I didn't see any warning message like I do in other sims.

2. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    FOV is global for all cars. It's a global settings

What is car dependent is seat position (you can map key to adjust seat back and forth, up and down), once you set a seat position for a car it stay as it. Each car has its own seat setting.

About the DQ:
    Depends what penalty settings you've set for the race. If you set it for drive-throught or stop and go, you'll need to make the penalty in the next 3 laps otherwise you'll be disqualified.
    If you have deactivate all on screen HUD display the penalty may not be visible. You can check it with the pit menu (the penalty option will be available, that say you have one to do).
    Or use something like CrewChief Mr.Belowsky app, with that you'll never miss a penalty ;)

Giving the position back is not something that will clear you for having to take the penalty. Once you get it you have to do it. The way to not do it is to not accelerate once you're of track. If you cut track and stay flat out, you'll be penalized

3. CCL71

CCL71 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @le_poilu Thanks man, I'll check the seating positon. I assumed it was FOV because of how big everything was on my screen.

I'll look into those apps as well. I've been running with the defaults so I've never made adjustments to the HUD.

Thanks again.

4. FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0