FOV not natural

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karesz, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Karesz

Karesz New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have 27" monitor, so the FOV is 43 degree. With this the diameter of my steering wheel more than half meter.

I think the adjusting of the FOV is not good. When I narrowed it, the steering wheel and the cockpit should be the same size, the real size. I think the cockpit in the game is only the part of the picture, the part of the landscape, not a separated thing, this is why my steering wheel become giant with narrow FOV. In Dirt rally 2 this is working differently, the cockpit remaining the same size, with less visible parts.

Is it possible to adjust FOV like the cockpit remain the original size, with the original view point?

What I also noticed, the track, the landscape is streched with the adjusting of FOV. I get totally different tracks at 43 degree, and 90 degree, but it should be the same, with narrowed sigth.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    In RaceRoom, you're basically sitting in a 3d cockpit, so if you adjust the FOV, it changes the scale of everything. I think the only thing you can do is moving your seat backwards with the arrows on the left side.

3. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    The FOV is not fixed because it’s an 27 inch monitor. Please use a FOV calculator to check that. It depends on a few things.

4. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    If you want a natural feeling fov , your going to need at least a 65"screen

Andi