FOV Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Papa Emeritus, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Papa Emeritus

Papa Emeritus New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have a problem with FOV after the last update and deleting the UserData folder. FOV for external cameras is too large. Is it possible to set the FOV for cameras other than the cockpit?

2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    I only know of the possibility to change the fov/zoom when using chase cam. Try using the num pad keys to rotate, adjust height and zoom in and out. The other onboard cams are not adjustable.

Oli

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -0
    The old FOV setting is still there in the files, you can edit it manually. This will be applied to all cameras except cockpit camera.

The file is graphics_options.xml in this folder: Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData
    The line you're looking for is this one:
    <fovScale type="float32">

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +358 / 0 / -0
    I didn't find any FOV controls on the numpad. 7 and 9 move camera closer or farther from your car (or precisely, make the camera swing arm shorter or longer - not to be confused with a "Swingman camera forward/back" setting which changes the swing point), but they don't change FOV.

One of the great advantages of R3E is how much control a player has over cameras (especially with editing car cameras files), but in the game it's a bit messy with 30+ different camera setting that don't explain what camera they apply to, and hardcoded non-rebindable camera controls. The update added another point of inconvenience with that new FOV settings only apply to cockpit camera.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  5. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    I have to agree with you there twice @Maskerader The numpad control of the Chase camera indeed doesn't offer a zoom, but only a limited adjustment of the camera distance. Also thanks for mentioning the possibility of editing the cam files. I never felt the need of fiddling with those, since I'm using cockpit cam exclusively.
    Another option - without the need of editing files - could be using the car connected free cam. Adjustable to your liking in position, angle and zoom. Would be nice to have it saveable, once set-up, though.

Oli

6. Papa Emeritus

Papa Emeritus New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Thank you all for the helpful tips.