FPS drops on VR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fabiooliveira94, Jun 7, 2018.

1. fabiooliveira94

fabiooliveira94 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys I have a i7 7700 , 16gb , 1070.
    While on VR sometimes I do see FPS dropping , or a kind a lag/crash on game. Does anyone can tell me how to solve the problem ? Many thanks for your help! :)

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    R3E and VR are a tough mix , you need a fast CPU single core and with a 1070 may need to use -vr 1.0 as launch command in Steam .

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Messing with your shaders, shadows and track details tend to give me the biggest performance gains in VR if I have to drop something down. Apart from that you just pretty much have to live with ASW kicking in during race starts and major incidents.

4. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    I have an i7 920 at 3.6 ghz, 12gb ram and gtx970. I run -vr 1.9 as the startup arguments and most in game settings at low to medium with 15 visible cars. I don't run AI, only multiplayer or solo practice. Crew chief and discord are running while I'm in r3e and my performance is ok to be honest, though I get occasional hangs on head tracking for a second or two that can give a big problem if they happen at the start of a race, but that's really not often. ASW is running most of the time but it's playable and very enjoyable in VR. I would expect with your setup to be able to get a solid 90fps with the right settings.

Are you sure you aren't being too optimistic on the eye candy?