FR3 less grip

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RogerSaele, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Gerjan Smits

Gerjan Smits New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I don't know man, I just changed ride heights and spring rates, few ticks at a time but I am still getting destroyed by AI on 102 while I did 108ish just last week. It's very obvious in the Suzuka S'es, losing so much time there. The car is understeeing like crazy. Upping the springs and ride heights barely made a dent in my laptimes on Suzuka, still 6 seconds slower than before the patch.

I then moved over to a quick session on Nurburgring GP, resetted to default Raceroom setup and upped the ride height and springs. According to Otterhud I did 1:55 average laptimes last week and a 1:53 best and now I did three 1:58's in a row and one 1:57 during quali so 5 to 4 seconds slower. I doubt setups will get back those 5 seconds

The worst part is that the AI seems to be unaffected. they are taking corners so much better currently.

2. coolwhip21

coolwhip21 Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Agreed! I have tried setup changes to no avail. It's not just this car either. I find myself sliding/understeering in many cars, especially mid-corner. I'm still searching for some help on the matter.

3. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Just for the record - I finally got around to trying the FR3 again since the January 12 update which included:

Physics - Formula RaceRoom 3 - Lowered minimum diffuser operating height

This has fixed the issues I was describing above. Great to have devs who listen and fix stuff where they can. :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Gerjan Smits

Gerjan Smits New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I jut jumped back in the FR3 at Suzuka and sadly I am still quite a few seconds off my previous best lap times. Is it also fixed with the default in game setup?

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Forget the old times.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Gerjan Smits

Gerjan Smits New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough! The thing is that the AI seems unaffected and are still driving the old lap times. Not really a problem since it's just a number that I can lower, or I can switch to Adaptive AI :) At least the driving is better now!

• Like Like x 1
  7. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Seems every update makes the cars harder to drive. I seriously hope there are no "improvements" to the Audi TT, as it's the only car I can drive consistently now.

8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    The TT got the last tyre physics update. As a non aero car, there is not much more to change to it so yo are probably safe. I´d say it is the easiest car to drive without assists in the game, you don´t even need factory traction control, which is probably why it is one of the rookie server mainstays.