Bug Freeze for more than a second

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by NL-Jos, Jun 5, 2017.

1. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    @Sonat Ozturk or anybody else from the staff.
    Last time we had some freeze / lag time for more than one or two seconds.
    One time someone drove for somebody and the hé freeze and drove behind that person.
    At that moment of freezing was someone else enteren the room with a model of who wasn't already in the server.
    Some of us (driving the same cars as are in the server) left the server and came back several time without freezing/lag
    Than we try it with different cars, and as you can imagine, when cars enters who wasn't in the server we get some freeze/lag
    When i play Assetto Corsa wil all models of cars loaded before i come in that server.
    Could this be the problem/solution for the freeze/lag?

2. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    Different cars are imho one part of the problem of the join lags, but not the entire problem.
    We're doing a FR3-Cup atm, so everybody has the same car, though different liveries. And some of us have join lags, others dont.

3. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Worst issue for me is the freeze while racing and someone does a best lap time. Recently it was someone in another category on Nordschleife, we was with open wheels and I had a freeze in each lap when he scored its lap time... Unacceptable!

4. Timo Heyden

Timo Heyden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    During the issue occures, we don't allow people to join in qualifying.
    So all have the same chance to set a lap time.

5. Pfalzdriver

Pfalzdriver Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0 / -0
    And if someone gets disconnected during qualifying, what neeeeeeever happens, personal
    misfortune. Sorry for my irony, but offering a workaround which is kinda useless, bad idea.

BTW: Maybe the users are tires of using workaround after workaround, and expect a completely working MP at some point. At least the hope dies last.

Just my $0.02

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    In defence of the Devs, this is not an issue restricted to just R3E - definitely occurs to some extent in PCars and iRacing. Can't speak for Rfactor2 or AC, as I can only bear to be beaten online in so many games :)