Problem Freeze multiplayer

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Beaware, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Beaware

Beaware Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I'm BeAware (Stéphane Charrier), site administrator GTR3 Team, a French forum dedicated 100% to RaceRoom. We are about 90 pilots, and must be the biggest French community in your game.
    We encounter big problems in multiplayer for 3 weeks. In the race we have a lot of freeze, so much so that many players are ejected from the game after 10 to 15 minutes. Their screen freezes. For those who manage to keep the freeze persists to the end. The problem always happens in the race.
    We tested on our main server, a server in another community and another server randomly on multiplayer and the problem is always the same.

- Server 1 : http://www.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/dedibox-xc
    - Server 2 : https://www.soyoustart.com/fr/offres/e3-ssd-4.xml

We are passionate about this simulation, and your work is beautiful. It'll be a shame to lose such a large community like ours in France. We have a core of 30 pilots who were hired almost € 150 in the game, and this embêterai them to move to another platform and me first.

Can you help us to solve this problem ?

http://hbsteamr3e.forumprod.com/portal.php
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour, je suis Beaware (Stéphane Charrier) , administrateur du site Team GTR3, un forum français dédié 100% à RaceRoom. Nous sommes environ 90 pilotes, et devons être la plus grosse communauté française sur votre jeu.
    Nous rencontrons de gros soucis en multijoueur depuis 3 semaines. En course nous avons énormément de freeze, à tel point que beaucoup de joueurs sont éjectés de la partie au bout de 10 à 15 minutes. Leur écran se fige. Pour ceux qui arrive à rester, les Freeze persiste jusqu'à la fin. Le problème arrive toujours en course.
    Nous avons testés sur notre serveur principal, sur un serveur d'une autre communauté, et sur un autre serveur au hasard sur le multijoueur et le problème est toujours le même.

- Server 1 : http://www.online.net/fr/serveur-dedie/dedibox-xc
    - Server 2 : https://www.soyoustart.com/fr/offres/e3-ssd-4.xml

Nous sommes passionnés par cette simulation, et votre travail est magnifique. Ce serai dommage de perdre une si grosse communauté comme la notre en France. Nous sommes un noyau de 30 pilotes qui on engagé presque 150€ dans le jeu, et cela les embêterai de s'orienter vers une autre plateforme et moi le premier.

Pouvez vous nous aidez à résoudre ce problème ?

http://hbsteamr3e.forumprod.com/portal.php

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. cantalou

cantalou Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    This problem apparently not much interested n worlds, so I download rfactor2 and ask others to do the same, anyway 80 player less does hurt not to RaceRoom with great community that there have ...

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  3. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Please don't be so impatient. It's vacation time and only a few hours gone since you've opened this thread. It doesn't help to be offended like you currently do.

Our league seems to have also some lag problems with more than 20 players on the server. Yes it's annoying, but because we are not sure yet, if these issues are on our side, we actually try not to blame Sector3 for it. Not yet.:rolleyes: It needs just more testing.
    Multiplayer mode and dedicated servers are still in Alpha status. So it is quite possible, that there are issues.

4. cantalou

cantalou Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I understand that it may seem radical but it's been three weeks that we have this problem and have nobody responded to our first post, so we do not question the works Sector3 the contrary we find fantastic but even when I'm vacation time i take purchased content so I think that a small answer to say that he looks anyway this problem does not take long to write.
    you must know that when we take the time to reunite an entire community on a game, organized opens, a championship and that all goes well and then in the middle of the season we can not finish a race it makes iritable

5. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Please, just be patient, I'm sure one of my collegues will help you very soon (I don't have the skills to help you, sorry) ;)

6. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    So, you posted a thread about freezing a little over a week ago. Then you posted this new thread today. Because a dev hasn't responded within 2.5 hours, you're getting all annoyed, and during a holiday season too? Let's be honest you only mentioned 90 odd members as a way of increasing the importance of your complaint.

If companies like Samsung take up to a week to respond to warranty complaints of hardware failures, I fail to understand why you expect such a speedy response here?

I'm not running down your issue, but there are better ways of bringing a problem to light and asking for support, in my opinion.

7. cantalou

cantalou Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    man listening going on our forum and you will see that we are 90, and yes I mention this to give value to the position (should not be too stupid to understand it)
    samsung and I m not care I am not a customer ...

8. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    @cantalou We're in a PM discussion with the OP ( @Beaware ) after he sent us some PM's. We're trying to gather more information also if this is happening to any other community. We need to find what's causing this and what's common to all people (if there are more) that are experiencing the freezes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm this cause I often join their events, over the last weeks their servers regularly wreak havoc throwing out player after player....
    In the course of this observation (and I really don't know if this is connected with player/computer issues, specially after updates) I noticed that RRE/Steam after update automatically loads Flash Player V 11 (guess the actual fixed/secure Flash Version is V 18) , while there were serious security warnings about the previous ones (up to V 17) http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jul/08/warning-adobe-flash-vulnerability-hacking-team-leak
    http://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/06/a-month-without-adobe-flash-player/
    I came to investigate about this because I had issues with pum.bad proxy hack/virus that specifically turns on LAN configurations cutting off internet access https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PUM.bad.proxy (detected by Malwarebites). Fact is my wife didn't get it (using same inet access from her puter) after I removed it, while I#m actually the one who is not browsing around that much...might be all totally unrelated to this issue but guess better I share my observations here...;)

Malewarebites : https://de.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

http://www.malwareremovalguides.info/remove-pum-bad-proxy-removal-guide/

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  10. Beaware

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    We come once again to abandon our third round of the championship because of the same problem. That makes one month that the problem lasts, we have attached files Sonat and still no news of Sector3 ... I know it's the holidays, but we feel alone and abandoned, and ultimately to have been taken for galore ... we have to pass on another simulation? Team GTR3 is nothing in the eyes of Sector3?

11. Nicolas Leféroce

Nicolas Leféroce Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Hello sector3 Team,
    Our GTR3 Team is thoroughly to RaceRoom and you know how it is when there is a problem with the things we love. It's like removing his bowl when a dog eats :)
    Nobody wants to harass you (neither I nor our administrator BeAware) but our members are really hoping for a quick solution.
    So I would therefore ask you if you were able to find an idea to solve our crashes problems?

PS: I apologize for our English. French people make good cheese but are usually not very good in English ;-/

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    you guys need diffent pics man its hard to know who is posting what:p

13. Nicolas Leféroce

Nicolas Leféroce Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    @shardshunt : Yes, if you want. But the problem has been clearly explained 15 days ago and we would like to obtain a solution from Sector3. Just the first post should be read and answered.

14. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    sorry I'm referring too you all having the same profile picture.
    good luck with the issue im not qualified to talk about it.

15. Beaware

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    Hello, always Freeze problems. Problems only race, no problems in practice and qualifying.

Server files.
    My player files.

Attached Files:

16. Nicolas Leféroce

Nicolas Leféroce Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Bonjour,
    Cela fait maintenant plus de 2 mois que nous subissons des problèmes de déconnexions en cours de course. Suite à l'envoi des logs il y a une semaine comme demandé, pouvez-vous s'il vous plaît revenir vers nous pour nous dire si une réponse a été trouvée de votre côté (et au moins si des recherches ont réellement été entreprises ?). Nous faisons nous-même des tests pour voir si c'est l'un d'entre nous qui crée ces bugs mais nous aimerions avoir une solution pérenne de votre part.
    Espérant une réponse de Sector3,
    Cordialement,
    -------------------------------------
    Hello,
    We experience disconnection problems during races since more than two months. After sending logs one week ago as requested, could you please come back to us to say whether a response was found on your side (and at least whether any research had actually been taken? ). We are doing tests ourselves, in order to see if one of us generates these bugs but we would like to have a durable solution from you.
    Hoping a response from Sector3,
    Kind regards,

17. Huguess

Huguess Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hello, we think we find the membre of our team that make freeze our races. Do you want some informations about his PC configuration and Web connexion ?

18. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Yes that would be very helpful. Any logs and system information will help. Can you also let us know how you guys narrowed it down to this particular player?

Thanks to Beaware I have logs from several users and servers but this issue seems to be too specific and we can't spot the issue causing this odd memory issue.

• Like Like x 1
  19. cantalou

cantalou Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    I think we are waiting for nothing, apparently you just buy a 5 euro circuits that are bugger to death and found that it is well, it is a pity that so good a game is a victim of bad economic choice so that it could crush competition carefree

20. Huguess

Huguess Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hi, here i m with a lot of information about our team membre :
    he has not over clocking his computer, But he has a processor turbo.boost as many of us today.
    i will send you every informations i ve, but not here, can you give me an email adress that i can sent you all that ?
    thanks