Bug Frozen Screen while racing in ADAC 2014

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Jamesr, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Jamesr

Jamesr Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I'll keep it brief... this has happened ever since the latest update, and I've been unable to complete a race. The last time it happened was halfway through a 30 minute championship race against the AI, and needless to say I was less than happy.

It comes out of nowhere - I'll be driving and suddenly everything will freeze, with only the engine note stuck at whatever RPM I happened to be at that moment. There is no way to Alt-Tab or Ctrl-Alt-Delete out, either. I end up having to manually turn the PC off and reboot. I'm running Windows 10 FWIW.

Everything had been running flawlessly until the latest build. I tried using the Steam 'Verify Game Cache Integrity" feature and it did not find any issues. I'm a busy professional who carves out a little time here and there to race each week and obviously won't be racing in this sim if this is going to keep happening - please get this fixed ASAP, devs.

2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Can you attach some log files to aid the devs?

I'm on a different computer now than the one it's installed on
    Check in the Simbin folder of MyDocuments/MyGames/Simbin/raceroom/logs (it might be in the user folder)

If I'm off on the location, my apologies

3. Jamesr

Jamesr Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Nothing in my Crash Dumps folder... and the Log folder has filed labelled MWTransport, Game, Performance, and General. There are files timestamped for 1/7/16 at 9:40pm, which is the last time I played. Which one should I attach? Thanks, much appreciated.

4. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Attach the time stamped file please Jamesr. Also please give us some info so we can try and replicate. What track were you using and what car?

5. Jamesr

Jamesr Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    OK, see attached. This was at the Red Bull Ring in the Audi. The crashes typically happen a few minutes into a race... the last time was 15 minutes in. Thanks. This is a brilliant sim, just want to be able to drive again.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jamesr

Jamesr Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    FYI, just ran a 30 minute GT2 session in the RUF at Spa without issue. Yet I still can't complete a session at Red Bull Ring in ADAC 2014's Audi. So odd.

7. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I purchased the DTM 2015 today and tried a 30 minute race at the red bull ring and halfway through, same happened to me. Everything froze and had to manually shut down the PC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1