Fuel Management DTM 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sbtm, Jun 16, 2016.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I'm currently driving a DTM 2015 Championship and today in the second race at Zandvoort I ran out of fuel in the LAST CORNER while in 4th place. So the car stopped about 20 meters from the finish line...

... so now... how's that possible? I always drive with full tank in the DTM races. When the clock said 2:30min remaining time Crew Chief said I have fuel for 5 minutes left.

2:30min plus 1:31min for the last lap is 4:01min ... but I started with 9liters fuel into the last lap so I drove slower because I had a comfortable gap to the car behind, I shifted earlier and drove some corners in a higher gear... but it it did not help.

I DNF at 19th with some other cars that seem to stopped near the end of the lap too.

I never had this problem on the other tracks of the championship... now I lost many points :( I don't wanna redo the race because.. that's just how it is. I messed up and that's it.

Does anyone have a tipp on fuel management/saving for my future races?

2. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hi

I made 2 times the championship in the DTM2015-Pack, and I never had a problem about running out of fuel. Is it possible that the multiplier for shorter races is going crazy? How many laps did you choose for your race?

Greets
    Jo

PS: btw Hello everyone :)

3. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    Thats important to know

4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    how many laps? you mean race distance. you cannot choose laps, only time.

It was 10 minutes +1lap for the shorter race and 15 minutes +1lap for the longer one.

5. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you're right, I forgot its timebased (vacation)

I ran exactly the same configuration in April (2015 DTM Experience) and i had no problem running out of fuel - i monitored how much consumption i had on one lap and made a simple calculation (3-Satz-Rechnung :) ).

6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I had a full tank.. so calculating my fuel consumption would not have been of use :-D