Problem G27 deadzone

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Chrisx, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Chrisx

Chrisx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    After trying lots and lots of different settings, it seems I either end up with a huge deadzone in the center or a smaller one with ffb that's too strong and possibly clipping, though I can't tell, because no ffb meter. Now the g27 is not the best wheel in the world, but a quite decent midrange one, so I may be missing something obvious guys. I remember the ffb feeling better in the past but as is the case after too much ffb tweaking, I can no longer remember if it was due to settings that I already tried and no longer remember or it was better in a previous update :(

Is there a min force setting hidden somewhere where I can just plug the value I already use in iRacing? Another settings suggestion? Can we expect an ffb meter in a future update? Is there an unofficial 3rd party one?

Thanks

2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    min force is roughly the same as friction I belive

3. Chrisx

Chrisx New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    wonder if someone can confirm. it certainly adds...friction, but it doesn't feel (or sounds) like it addresses the deadzone problem. feels similar to just cranking up the ffb/steering force. stiffer but probably still losing ffb detail below the deadzone threshold?

4. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry i don't have that problem with my gt so i cant help past that

5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I have suffered the same issues with my G27 but for me a reboot always sorted it, my new G27 issue is having to go into settings in sim, control settings, advanced then fully rotate wheel in both directions otherwise car will pull to right. :mad:
    I have had numerous niggles with the Logitech profiler but when I don't use it I get more problems, have to say other than the pedals which are very well made and are the first to survive my riverdancing driving technique I wouldn't go the Logitech route again, especially after seeing the G27 replacement, double the price and almost exactly the same (no h-shifter included either) maybe time to look into something better but that quandary is for another thread! :confused:

• Like Like x 1