Resolved G27 FFB issue since update today

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ducati999rider, Dec 9, 2015.

1. ducati999rider

ducati999rider Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Hi, i have a logitech g27 issue since i downloaded todays update. the FFB is at maximum on my wheel when the game runs and i start a race. i quit out to check the control settings and the settings are as i left them yesterday 47%. i tried turning down the ffb and nothing happens until you get to 0% when it switches off. at 1 % the ffb is at maximum again and the wheel takes all my strength to turn it? ive tried other games and my wheel is fine. (pcars, dirt rally) has anyone else got this issue and have you fixed it? the game is unplayable now and it is very frustrating as i was looking forward to the pitstops and improved ai. :(

2. ducati999rider

ducati999rider Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    So nobody uses a G27 wheel in this forum that can agree or deny they have the issue I have? Lots of new posts and this one ignored?

3. mjayy

mjayy Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    A friend of mine had also issues with the g27 after the update...he changed his ffb settings and now its working for him. Maybe put ur ffb settings back to default?

• Like Like x 1
  4. R. Winkler

R. Winkler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    I have posted a possible sollution here

• Like Like x 2
  5. ducati999rider

ducati999rider Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your response. I'll do a few more changes tonight when I return from work and see if I can make improvements. At the moment it's unplayable.

6. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Hmmm I have a G27 and am not seeing this at all. It's the same as it was before the update

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. wad53

wad53 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Also same for me, no issues with my G27 since the update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    No issues for me after the update either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ducati999rider

ducati999rider Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    You're all giving me hope 5 hours til home time

10. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I had the same problem after the update, all settings back to default and my g25 was very heavy, ive had to turn most settings down to between 50 & 70 to get a decent feel but not to heavy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marc Tschentscher

Marc Tschentscher Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    my g25 works as usual...

12. ducati999rider

ducati999rider Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Well after several hours of testing and altering and slowly beginning to understand what each of the FFB settings do I've finally got the feel back to where it was before. I'm left with a heavier weighted feel but I am really happy with my results. Thank you all for your help and feedback. Oh and I've purchased the TT Cup pack and they are brilliant.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mich Angel

Mich Angel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0 / -0
    Yea had issues at first but set all FFB to 0% and put one at time to 100% then after a hour tweeking it whas all ok and back to normal, the feeling in the wheel is so much better now :D

14. ducati999rider

ducati999rider Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Not sure how to mark this thread as resolved? If an admin can do it for me I'd appreciate it. Thank you. I'll be spending a bit more time around here now I've discovered it. Seems a friendly place to be. :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I had a weird problem when creating a Get Real race with BMW M1 at Zandvoort....no throttle response, makes a burp then nothing. restarted...same thing....Tried another car/track combo....no problem. Created an M1/Speilberg race.... all good. Strange bug, hopefully gone now. M1's dont like Zandvoort? This is with DFGT and my previous wheel config. Was going to try default if it did not resolve, but OK now.
    BTW, AI is awesome now. Thanks.

16. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Is it reproducible OzCanuck55? I'll test it real quick and see if I have the same issue.

17. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Will try again tonight - Single race -Get Real - M1 at Zandvoort - pull out of pit and no throttle, rolls along, will rev up a bit on throttle, then drops to zero. Happened twice....could be my Controller setup, not Default? Works in other combos...might do a File Verify in Steam if it happens again.

18. Robert Holm

Robert Holm KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Could be you have an old car setup for that combo, try reseting to default values in car setup menu

19. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

Talked with one of our developers and he advises anyone experiencing these FFB changes in their Logitech wheels to take a look at the Friction, Damper and Spring settings in the game. He made some changes to the code controlling these variables, so you may need to tweak them in order to get back the FFB feel you had before the patch.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. R. Winkler

R. Winkler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Friction, Damper and Spring were all zero before and after the update.
    Do I now have to incease them to get the old feeling?