Problem G27 manual H gearbox lag

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Lyp3, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Lyp3

Lyp3 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    I'm experiencing a weird feeling when changing gear since I started RRE.

I found that when I'm changing gear, for example from 2 to neutral to 3 gear, it feels like the car gets a little bit stuck like latence on neutral, and I can't change gear and then quick push throttle... I don't understand why it is happening only on this game.

If I change the gear slower, with not pushing fastly on the throttle, then there's no problems. I don't know a lot of things about racing cars in terms of gear changing, but I found it strange that it's taking that time to change a gear without getting a little bit stuck on neutral. Racing gearboxes are supposed to make gear passing faster, so it's not normal to have to restrict myself and not immediatly push throttle...

It really feels like latence, it's strange. It is really frustrating to not quickly push throttle as I wanted to do. When I'm looking to old DTM's 1990 onboards videos on youtube, gear changing seems so fast, it looks delicious, but I can't do it on RRE because of that problem :(

Of course, it happens on every non sequential cars on the game.

Could anybody help me ?

Thanks, (sry for my bad English)

2. Lyp3

Lyp3 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I tested a lot of things and it seems that it's.. A glitch ? I don't know...

So when I'm playing with auto clutch, everything is fine when i'm passing gears. No lag, no acceleration on neutral.

But when I'm disabling auto-clutch and passing gears at correct rpm without clutch, it is blocking on neutral for ~0.5 secs as I said before...

It is really annoying ! I don't know how to fix it, and it makes the game unplayable at realistic level with H shifter

3. Lyp3

Lyp3 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I made a video to show what's the problem. Still haven't found how to fix it...

4. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Maybe you can feel it but it's not easy to find whats wrong from a video. Have you tested with different clutch settings?

Clutch Sensitivety
    Clutch Lower Dead Zone
    Clutch Upper Dead Zone
    Clutch Biting Point

5. Lyp3

Lyp3 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Tested everything and it's not about clutch I think, because it also do this when I don't use clutch (when trying to pass at correct rpm with manual clutch too).

But thank you, you're the first who tryied to help me here ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thima

Thima New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi
    it s the same with TH8 RS !

7. Lyp3

Lyp3 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just sent a message to Raceroom support with my video to explain the problem... I'm waiting for them to reply. I will inform of the situation here to keep you informed

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    as far as i remember all cars have a little shift delay , even sequentials /paddles) but it be good if you gave more info /

like what the clutch biting point is set too

Andi

9. Lyp3

Lyp3 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you, there's a delay wich is totaly normal.

I tryied quite everything, changing clutch biting point, (I'm on 3 for this setting), but It's also doing this problem without using clutch when passing gear at correct rpm (as you can do IRL with a real car [hard, but possible]).

Also tryied same settings that a friend gived me, he have the same version of the G27 as me. Changed nothing.

I'm in a racing team with a lot of people having the same G27 as me... I asked them about this, and when they're changing gears, there's nothing happening like my problem. Their gears are passing great with full manual, also asked them to quick push throttle after it, no problem still.

I thought that It was (maybe) a frame skipping problem ? Or input lag due to FPS. So I tryied to lower all video settings, the game was running at very hight FPS, still same problem...

I'm quite lost x)

10. Libor Sabrik

Libor Sabrik New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Still haven't found how to fix it...?
    Could anybody help me ?
    t300 gt edition +th8a
    Clutch Sensitivety 50
    Clutch Lower Dead Zone 0
    Clutch Upper Dead Zone 100
    Clutch Biting Point 3

11. Libor Sabrik

Libor Sabrik New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    May 8th Update
    Still haven't found how to fix it...?

12. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    it works fine for me (G29 h-shifter), with h-pattern shifter and manual clutch both enabled in-game, using Get Real mode. I've never experienced and shifting lag. Weird...

• Agree Agree x 1