G27 problems, a strange one (again)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by .OG Isaac, Jun 10, 2016.

1. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Hello

My G27 is showing up as a Driving Force in their software and I can't use it in ANY racing game..

Has anyone had this issue too? It won't fully calibrate, it thinks it's a Logitech Driving Force and when I press a button it starts to rattle like crazy.. Logitech's customer support is bloody awfull and told me to get a new computer or a new wheel as they cant "reproduce this issue".

I'm not feeling like installling a new OS because last time I did that I was forced to buy a new windows key (windows 10 bullshit).

Anyone has experience with this?

Edit: http://support.logitech.com/es_roam/product/g27-racing-wheel#download - this link provided by juan Fafian works.

Make sure to 100% delete all logitech periferal drivers before installing. That seemed to work for me.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  2. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    de-install logitech gaming software and the driver, then re-install the the driver (last update march 2016) that worked for me

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    I've just done that. I probably installed the wrong software because their site is such crap.. Can you get a link to the proper one? Thanks in advance!

4. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
  5. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much! You absolutely saved me! I really appreciate it.

It finally works now! I can hop back in raceroom and dirt rally for some solid racing.

Thanks again lad, absolute legend :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. wad53

wad53 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I had this exact same problem last night. All I had done was to disconnect my G27 USB plug and re-insert it, and suddenly it thought I had a Driving Force Wheel. It had been working fine (recognised as G27) a couple of hours earlier, and I hadn't even re-started my PC. VERY strange. :confused:
    Anyway, thanks for the advice, re-installing the Logitech drivers fixed it again.

7. Jani1980

Jani1980 Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    turn off in Logitech Software " the Game can handle the Settings".

8. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Follow this tutorial and you will be ok: