Problem G29 Steering Glitch

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by yach14, Jun 1, 2016.

1. yach14

yach14 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a Logitech G29 racing wheel that I run with RaceRoom, and within the last few days, a strange issue has emerged. Any time I turn the wheel too far to the right in a race menu, the game takes me from the menu to track in a bizarre camera angle without me selecting "Drive." The camera angle then changes to one of the normal angles, and I can drive. While driving, if I have to turn the wheel far to the right to counter steer, it sends me to what looks like the pause menu, but when I select resume, it restarts the session. Any ideas on what this issue is and how to fix it?

2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    It sounds like you have assigned keys to your wheel settings, have you tried a new default profile or deleting the current profile and starting fresh?

3. yach14

yach14 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I haven't but I will. What is odd about this is that it just started 2 or 3 days ago. I've been playing the game for months without any problems. I'll try that though, thanks.

4. yach14

yach14 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just tried making a new profile and the issue remains exactly as it was.

5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    I know what it is. I had the same issue. I have some bad news for you. The wheel is stuffed. My g29 lasted 4 months and u returned it for a t500. It starts triggering buttons you have assigned on the wheel when you turn the wheel a lot left or right, it will only get worse too. It is due to the internal wiring. There are design of quality issues with it. It is quite common with these wheels and there are a lot if frustrated people in the logitech forums complaining about it. See the link below
    https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Controllers/NEW-Logitech-G29-PROBLEM/td-p/1425361

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Stiku

Stiku Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Sad, but true.

And how to fix it : RMA the wheel, that's why the wheel has a warranty(or return it)

• Agree Agree x 1