Problem Game crash error says to send file to KW

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Surge, Jul 15, 2023.

1. Surge

Surge New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    My game has been crashing lately. Today I was fine in practice, quali, warmup, then as soon as race time hits I grid... wait for it to start, instant crash... message usually says to send some dump file to KW studios but doesn't say where/how. Any help?

2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    You can attach them here. Also MWtransport and Game logs from that session from this folder: Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log

3. Surge

Surge New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is there no identifying info in those? Seems odd to just throw it on a public forum. No bug reporting/tracking system or anything?

4. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Good question! Crash dumps from your OS crashes (like blue screen) can contain sensitive information because crash dump contains data from your RAM, and that info might end up in the dump by accident (if it's a big dump and not minidump that's only 256kb in size). But I don't think this can be a problem with a game crash dump, although who knows. Would be good if anyone knowledgeable can share some wisdom.

I only know that some system info is definitely in there, like you can identify if it was Intel or AMD CPU, it contains your Windows version and some information about which .dlls were used.

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    You post your dumps , and us lowly mods add to the bug tracker/ ask a few questions and point devs to the thread and the bug tracker entry

Andi