Resolved Game crashed code 0XC0000017

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by klempirstvi.hradil, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Well, I have so far never installed DirectX on Win 10 iirc. That's because it comes preinstalled and gets updated with Windows Update. And it seems it's meant to be this way by Microsoft.

This is where the link from @J-F Chardon leads to:
    jf.png
    Win 10 not supported.
    The same goes for the link from @Case:
    case.png

I also had a short look around the download center and found this "HowTo" for DirectX-installation:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/179113/how-to-install-the-latest-version-of-directx
    And there you will find this:
    common.png

So I think it's pretty normal you can't install any downloadable DirectX-package in Win 10. Still there is a difference to what I see. I tried the webinstaller from J-F and the installation went through but told me in the end that there is a newer version already installed and there was nothing to do. It does NOT tell me Windows 10 doesn't support it. It's 1903 by the way.

And the download from the link from @Case actually IS the SDK, so...this is what you get... ;) I'm not going to try to install this one just for fun... :D

Unfortunately I can't help any further than being Mr. Smartpants about the DirctX-install. I don't know what's in the crashdump and I have no idea whatsoever what might be the problem. :(

2. klempirstvi.hradil

klempirstvi.hradil Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    When I start downloading it writes that it is not necessary that it is installed. [0035] FIG. no. 1
    Then, in the right corner of the computer, you will see fig
    When I click on check for updates this shows up and then I don't know what to do. č.3

Když to začnu stahovat tak to napíše že to není třeba že je to nainstalované. Obr. č.1
    Pak se v pravém rohu počítače oběví obr.č.2
    Když kliknu na vyhledat aktualizace tak se ukáže tohle a pak nevím co stím Obr. č.3

Attached Files:

3. klempirstvi.hradil

klempirstvi.hradil Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I found out that other games are falling
    AC, ACC, Iracing
    So it will want to reinstall the complete PC

Zjistil jsem že mi padají i ostatní hry
    AC, ACC, Iracing
    Takže to bude chtít přeinstalovat komplet PC