Problem Game crashes when trying to load a big replay file

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by sbtm, Apr 16, 2017.

1. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

I had 2 races on the 24h Nordschleife with 99 opponents. Race length was 4 laps.

When trying to load the replays the game crashes after some time in the loading screen.

Other replays work. Only these two "big" replays fail to load.

Crashdump file is attached.

Computer-Specs in the signature

Attached Files:

2. Matthew_Wheeler

Matthew_Wheeler Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Out of curiosity, in the "Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\ReplayData" folder, what's the size of the replay? Because it's probably a case of your computer running out of "Usable" RAM for R3E.

3. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    998MB
    And 16GB RAM overall isn't enough?
    Btw i could load it after several tries. But it's always a matter of luck. :-D

4. Matthew_Wheeler

Matthew_Wheeler Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Overall RAM doesn't make a huge difference unless you run multiple programs at once.

For example, 32 bit games can only handle up to (about) 2 GB of RAM usage. Any higher and the game will crash. 64 bit games can go up to 4 GB.

So, (and I'll need someone else to back me up on this) but if R3E is only a 32 bit game it's entirely possible that when you load that replay the game tries to process more RAM than it physically can handle.

5. Kitsune Magyar

Kitsune Magyar Professional Betatester Developer

Ratings:
    +9,236 / 0 / -0
    That'd do it yah. Can only utilize a certain amount of RAM. During race it's fine but when loading replay it needs to hold a lot more data at the same time.
    I would suggest maybe not running with 99 AI. :D

If you want you can recreate the crash and then attach the latest game log file in a reply here and our programmer can have a look.
    Game logs can be found here:
    Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log