Problem Game keeps loosing controller profiles

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GregoryLeo, Nov 7, 2016.

1. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    It started a little while ago. The game comes on and says "controller found" with the options thing in red.
    I go to it and my controller profiles are gone. I look in the correct directory and they have been marked "old_Oto3"
    So tried removing the new extension, and it just re-labels them old again. So I have to setup all my controller profiles. Which is rather inconvenient when one is getting ready to do a league race and has limited time to get in.
    I have not unplugged my G27 for several months, or changed any thing in my computer for that matter.
    And it seem to happen every other time I start the game up.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    that may because something has changed sinse you created that profile , can you post one of the .old files here and maybe we can work out its age

Andi

3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    I fired up RR today, mainly to check if the stuttering issue was still there, started the engine, shifted in first and....nothing...
    In controls my throttle and clutch were not assigned (brake was there), though it was the right profile. Re-assigned them and I could drive, just to notice the stuttering was still present...:confused:

4. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    which version of windows ?

5. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    maybe go in simbin/raceroom racing experience/usedata/controlset and delete all entries then re do profile

6. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply's,
    Sorry I took so long to get back. Been very busy lately.
    I'm running win8.1
    My oldest is from oct/15/16 As I had already deleted the old files after trying to rename them.
    As I sit here thinking about it. It seems to me that it happens when the game crashes after I finish a race and have lost my connection to raceroom.
    Heres a crash dump from the latest incident, maybe this will help

Attached Files: