Problem Game memorizing me

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nash Bobo, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    When I am on the track. RR seems to memorizing when I apply the brake. The telemetry shows and I hear the brakes when I go into a corner. My foot is not on the brake. I do have a ghost car on the track.
    It just started doing it. No problems in the past. How can I stop it?

2. MC_Hammer_82

MC_Hammer_82 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Does your car break? Maybe its an issue, that you hear and see the telemetry of the ghost car. You can turn down the volume of other cars, maybe the brake noise is more quiet. Or deactivate the ghost car just to test (3 on keyboard).

Edit: If you drive in Novice, the car brakes automatically.

3. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Actually this could be similar to what I'm feeling with the ffb!
    I thought I was going nuts BUT after several days I am starting to see a pattern

Occasionally my ffb feels like I just go bumped by another car or it gives me an unexpected ffb response!
    I've been logging the incidents and here is what I've noticed so far

• Only tested whilst racing against AI
    • Doesn't always happen (see my conclusion below)
    • 50% of the time I see a graphic glitch where it looks like my cars interior is inside another cars outer shell interior (I see an outline; not the whole interior). Sorta like driving through your ghost car but not.
      The graphic glitch only pops up for a fraction of a second and it's not caught in the replay but every time this happens my ffb feels like it's bumping into or stuck too the other car for a second or two
    • Feels like I'm experiencing the ffb from another car or a combination of my car and another car for a 0.1 - 2 seconds!
    • 90% of the time is when I'm close to traffic (0.2-0.5 seconds apart)
      BUT it has happened away from traffic occasionally
    • It always happens on the same 2 or 3 corner(s) of the track, not in every corner and I have never felt it on a straight.
    • I'm racing the GT1's and this happens in every GT1 car

CONCLUSION
    Ok this will sound strange and I know this probably doesn't make logical sense!

It doesn't happen all the time and the only thing that seems common (at this stage) is it happens when my internet connection is very slow due to my fricken neighbours watching netflix!
    My download speed can be under 1mbs (normally around 8) and my upload can be under 0.2 mbs (normally 0.7) and my ping can be all over the place from 25ms - 500ms

This has never been a problem prior to the last update; I've had internet issues for over 12 months

BUT I'm only racing against AI so I don't understand why my poor internet would cause this!

Back to the OP's report; whilst I haven't noticed my car automatically braking we both feel the cause of the symptom is our controls are been possessed but another car!

[EDIT]
    Ignore my problem as I found out the issue
    I started getting miss shifts this evening so I pull off the fanatec wheel and put it back on and all problems disappeared

Fricken hate it when you spend all week trying to solve the problem and all it took as a 30 second fix LOL

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  4. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    That sounds like the obvious problem

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    no novice mode does that it reads from the ideal line setting and if you miss your braking point will start to slow you down

Andi

6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you need to disable novice mode in the settings.

7. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    MC Hammer, Yes my car is trying to slow me down. I hear the brakes. and look at the telemetry and my brakes are on without my foot being on the brake. I was in "novice". I try it in "get real" and RR's computers did not help me so far. just me and 1 ghost on the track. I did deactivate the ghost and the RR's computers still tired to slow me down in "novice".

MattStone, I see the tail lights of the ghost go though my car just for a split sec. I have never had that in a race or with Artificial intelligence. I do not see any benefit of "novice" mode for me. So i feel I will just go to "get real". Not unless people see some benefit of "amateur", or staying in "novice".

Andi, I was going deeper in some of the corners when RR's computers applied the brakes in "novice".

Thanks guys, Nash

8. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    @Nash Bobo
    My problem whilst sounding similar but with effecting ffb I think has been solved by removing my fanatec wheel and replacing it so I now think it was different to yours.

BUT mine for some reason appeared to be a my wheels fault

Have you tried what @MC_Hammer_82 suggest in the second post of the thead?

9. Thxave

Thxave Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    I think I had the same thing happen to me.
    I originally thought it was the updates. I first noticed I was down close to 3 seconds a lap on every car I drove. I then noticed during a replay of Hockenheim that other players were going about 15 to 20 km's faster at the end of the main straight. The other cars were getting into 6th gear long before me. This was going on for the last 3 weeks. My ranking on the ranked servers went from 350 to 800 but I kept trying.
    It wasn't until two days ago while watching a replay of a GT3 race at Redbull that I noticed my brakes were red hot. The other cars were not. It hit me, my brakes are on all the time even though I let off the brake. I go into the controller advanced settings.
    There it was, my brakes were on by 10 to 15 % all the time. My brake pedal must have started going bad. I used the in game setting to adjust the minimum force required. Basically a bit of dead zone. You can see how much you need as you press the brake to test it on that screen.
    It worked. My top speed was back. My lap times were back to where they were before and braking felt much better.
    I can laugh now but I thought it was the last couple of updates or I was getting old lol.

Test your brakes on the controller advanced screen. You may have the same problem with your pedals.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  10. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    guys novice mode has full asists; its doing everything .....
    it will brake for you so you can make the corner this isnt an issue or a bug , its designed that way

Andi

11. Thxave

Thxave Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    The problem I had must have been different that his then. I am in get real/ no assists.
    It was a problem with my brake peddle that started in early April. Fortunately the games contoller settings could correct my problem.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2020
  12. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    if you bind a key to the input meter ; this will then show on your screen in race and you can see your inputs and if anything is going wrong

Andi

13. Jetsun

Jetsun Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0

14. Nash Bobo

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Andi, Tell me about imput meters?

15. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Its the thing that you could see on the left side in the video i posted in one of your other threads yesterday. It shows how much you press your clutch/brake/throttle pedals and how much youre turning the steering wheel. You can activate it by assigning a key to it in the control settings and then pressing that key while youre on track