Problem Game scratches when my car leaves the crash barriers.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Nick Feys, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Next problem that always occurs in racing room while racing.

If I now race in racerroom, on any circuit and with any car, the following problem arises. When one drives and leaves the track and hits the edge of the circuit (crash barriers), the game scratches and I is thrown out of raceroom. Game drops out and has to restart completely again. This happens again and again when the car is removed from the track and the outside of the circuit is removed.
    In the meantime I have closed off raceroom via steam and reinstalled it, but the problem keeps coming back.
    Can someone tell me what the permanent problem is?

Greetings, Nick.

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Do you use a wheel? Maybe it's a problem with the FFB.

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    So your game crashes as soon as you crash your car into a guardrail, did I get that right?
    Does the game create a crash dump file when it crashes (to be found in Documents\My Games\SimBin\Crash Dumps)?

Can't remember ever having this issue before but it sounds like there might be some file corruption and when those files get triggered the game crashes.

So if you haven't already please verify the game's cache file integrity in Steam (right-click > properties > local file).
    If there's no issues found, try renaming you game's documents folder (Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience) and have the game create a fresh documents folder.
    If it still happens after doing so, disable any damage setting in case you have some enabled and try without damage.

4. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Hello, Christian.

I went to see SimBin, Crash Dumps, and find 15 of them.
    I looked in my Steam at RaceRoom Racing - Lokake files - Check integrity and have it executed. 100% complete, all files have been validated.
    In the racing game I will just turn off the damage and then see if I race back if this still occurs or not.
    Keep you informed about this.

Thanks in advance for informing Christian of this.

Greetings, Nick

5. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

After reinstalling my raceroom I took the time to test it out, and it appears that the problem has not recovered.
    When I race and leave the track in the crash barriers (outside of the circuits) I immediately get popped out of raceroom and the game flies out.
    Result: every time I get meding from crash dumps.

I am now going to remove Raceroom and first remove all raceroom folders from my computer. Only then will I reinstall my raceroom from my steam.
    Will now wait and see if the problem has resolved or not.

Drive with Raceroom for a long time and have never seen this in the past.
    Have been out a long time, and now drive back with raceroom. Updates are installed automatically when I start raceroom, won't that be the problem I think?

Unfortunately this is a nasty thing at the moment.

6. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    So it keeps happening even with damage disabled? Please give more details: Which car does it happen with, at which track, in which turn and what settings were used.

I can't think of anything else inside the game that would cause such a specific crash right now. It sounds however like it might be driver related, either audio, but I'm suspecting gpu drivers. Which driver version are you using right now and have you tried performing a clean uninstall and then re-installing the current recommended driver downloaded from the manufacturer directly, not some third-party source.

Finally please attach the latest crash dump file here, maybe there's a hint in there about what's causing this.

7. Nick Feys

Nick Feys Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    After I removed everything from my raceroom PC and reinstalled everything, everything now works without problems.