Problem Game won't start - Fatal Error 5.91.1910.158, 13.12.19

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by aSab, Dec 18, 2019.

1. aSab

aSab Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    The game won't start now. No crash dump is generated. Two Fatal Errors were displayed at first, now it's only one Fatal Error when I try to start again.
    All I've changed is I installed today the latest Radeon drivers 19.12.2. The last time I ran the game was a few days ago, but after the last big patch already.
    Even if I delete the Simbin directory, the game doesn't recreate it.
    Local Files verified successfully.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Looks like a timeout while trying to connect to the protection service.

I'd suggest to check your firewall and other security applications (if present) and see if sth might be blocking transmissions of one of the games executables (RRRE.exe or RRRE64.exe; protect.exe)

3. aSab

aSab Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hello Christian,

thanks for the quick reply. I'll check if my firewall/security sw is prohibiting a connection of these exes.
    But on a sidenote: after reinstalling Radeon Drivers 19.12.1 the game started up as usual and I didn't change anything on my firewall.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, that's odd. I'm on 19.12.2 and hadn't had any error so far (apart from the not RR related stuff).
    I just saw they published another hotfix, 19.12.3 is out. But at this moment I'm not sure whether I should recommend giving this latest one a try, or rather sticking to the one that definitely works. ;)

Why or how the gpu driver would interfer with your PC trying to connect to our protection servers is a mystery to me at this point.