Problem Games crashing in MP with Audi TT

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by mjayy, Dec 10, 2015.

1. mjayy

mjayy Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hey Guys,
    well my game is crashing very often in multiplayer races with the new Audi TT. Its happening when the qualification session ends and the race gets started. My screen is freezing and i have to close the game via task manager. But its really weird that i can hear the sound of the other players cars at the racestart while my screen is freezed.
    Please help :eek: :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  2. Soddyn

Soddyn Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    this happened with me too, here's the crash dump.
    @mjayy, you should upload yours as well

Attached Files:

3. mjayy

mjayy Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    here

Attached Files:

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It's been acknowledged and being investigated. Hang in there guys...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Yep, happened to me twice today just before race....grrrrrrr

On a positive note....having so much fuuuuuuun with this car!!!!! Loving it to bits! :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    I dont have the TT cars but it has happened to me today and before todays update, i thought it was just my end

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hannes Wallstedt

Hannes Wallstedt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for letting us know and for the crash files.
    I've created a report in our bug database and we'll investigate this to find a solution as soon as possible.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I have one too - dunno if it is still useful or if you have all info you need already, but I would upload it if I could. Unfortunately I always get an error message when I try to upload it. :(

9. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    @Arthur Spooner just send me his Crash Dump via eMail and I've uploaded it quickly...

Had the crashes twice today too. First time with a crash dump... after restarting the game I had a strange looking Font in the game... Sometims it looks like Times New Roman (Press Key to Continue for example) and in the Menu's it looks like Helvetica...

Second Crash: the game or better the screen freezes while the switch to the race should happen. Unfortunately I hear the start of the race and someone crashing into me... had to kill R3E in the Task-Manager.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    As an addition to the crashdump @m.bohlken uploaded for me:

The crash happened when switching from quali to race. I could see the s/f straight, heard an engine soundloop and nothing happened. After a while I decided to hit Esc which brought me directly back to the desktop. For a short moment I could even see the little window you always get when a crashdump is created but it disappeared within a fraction of a second without further notice... o_O

Edit: The reason for my upload-problem was probably that I had the recently released 64-bit version of Firefox installed. I'm back to the 32-bit version and can upload again.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  11. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Had 3 or 4 crashes today different tracks, 1 was totally random crash out of nowhere, the others were all going from qually to race all online.

I bought this cause it was on offer and mainly for online, im not much of a race the ai person, from great first impressions it is going downhill fast.
    Maybe back to Project cars, makes me shudder to think :)

12. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Houston,we still have a problem.It seems that the patch hasnt fixed the issue.And I dont think it creates a crashdump cause I still have control of the car (can hear acceleration and braking) but the screen just freezes so it has to be killed with task manager.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    U are lucky, alesi27.
    I cant even kill the RRRE-Task, cuz when I open the taskmanager via CTRL+ALT+DEL my screen turns totally black with only the pointer on it and I cant go anywhere else
    I have to hard reset my PC..

But it only happened to me with the bought stuff. Never had this with the free content cars & tracks...

14. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    @Sector3 .Any advancements in this problem?It now seems to have expanded to every multiplayer race so I am essentialy locked out of online.

15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Now you found out what all the naughty kids get for christmas:
    [​IMG]
    Quality family time. :D

Sorry, just tryin to lighten the mood, honestly hoping they'll find some cure before holiday season kicks in.
    Hang in there mate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday it happened to me again but this time was different. It was not like before where the screen freezes and you can still hear the cars, the game just totally crashed ending up in desktop. It was when the game was switching from Qual to Race.

17. Nordberg_E38

Nordberg_E38 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I took part in two GTR3-MPs yesterday and didn't have any probs.
    Same car on the same circuit as the day before, where I couldnt race a single one after the quali.
    I didn't have changed anything on my Win 10 or RRRE.
    So it seems that it is a random problem.

18. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    This was happening to me randomly until latest mini patch, not happened once since (kiss of death) strange that it was cure for some and not all, o_O

19. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    have you guys some new crash-dump-files to attach?

Maybe the dump-files after the last Patch contains some different Information that might be helpful for the Devs...

20. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Thats the latest two that I have.As mentioned before the game just hangs so it is not really a crash.

Attached Files: