Problem General AI report thread

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by fbiehne, Jun 17, 2021.

1. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    Thought I start a general thread about AI issues you observe on certain car/track combos.
    It's similar to one thread I know from the Reiza forums and imo it works quite good. It is probably also not a bad idea to have one place where AI issues can be found.

I'll start with a track I really like but I think the AI could be better here.

Track: Ningbo Full Circuit (with chicane)
    Car(s): F2 (also experienced it with other classes like Group C another time)
    AI strength: 100%
    Race length: 15 laps

My observations:
    T6: AI brakes very early for and is very slow throughout the corner.
    T10-T11: F2 cars sometimes overshoot these corners, strange AI line here
    T17: AI brake very early for the hairpin, easy to divebomb here
    T20: Again they're quite slow here
    T22-23: Unnaturally slow here also

[​IMG]

Track: VĂ„lerbanen
    Car(s): Group 4 (also experienced it with other classes like Group 5 another time)
    AI strength: 100%
    Race length: 15 laps

My observations:
    T3: Slow approach by the AI, could take a better line here
    T7: worst corner for the AI, they brake early and take a strange line here, it is easy to gain several places here
    T9: also quite slow here and they brake early again for T10
    [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Noticed those two in the cayman trophy as well (think around 110 strength, only tested in practice)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Great idea! I stumble upon AI flaws here and there and don't know how to report it without cluttering the forum.

GTR4 (Upd: same for Audi TT Cup) at Raceroom Raceway - Bridge:
    rr-rw-bridge-ai.png

This kills their pace massively, I had to crank up AI level +10 above what I usually run to compensate for their mistakes here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  4. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Track: Nords 24-hour
    Classes tried: ADAC, GT3 and WTCR
    AI strength when observed: 103 for all classes

(1) T1/T2: The AI are very hesitant / slow going into T1/T2 (the bit where we skip the Mercedes Arena). It's of course quite bad on lap 1 where it becomes a car park, but there's up to :eek: 2 seconds to be gained here (relative to AI) on subsequent laps.

(2) Exiting Bergwerk: This one and the next may be down to my driving :p but I've noticed that I never seem to get a good exit from Bergwerk relative to the AI and I lose a second or two by the time we get to Mutkurve. AI are exceptionally quick off the apex.

(3) Exiting Galgenkopf: Same as (2) here - I can be on the back of the AI through Kleines Karussell but by the time we are exiting Galgekopf AI are 1.5 seconds ahead and I have no chance of being in anyone's draft while I am a sitting duck for the cars behind.

For (2) and (3) I'm happy to be told it's my driving :rolleyes: but I would have thought I could get it right maybe once (!) but it just seems to me that relative to the rest of the track at this strength the AI are super-human on exit at both locations (the impact of which affects the very long full-throttle stretches that follow).

Interestingly (1) cancels out (2) plus (3) so I end up with very similar lap times to the AI. So I guess it would be good to fix all or none.
    upload_2021-6-18_13-13-49.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  5. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Just further to my post above, I was running the Porsche 2019 GT3 today on above specs and found the exits of both Bergwerk and Galgenkopf much better.

I don't know if it's the car (my guess), the AI, the new FFB (a possibility) or my imagination (often the case!!) but I was able to keep on the tails of the AI out of both corners whereas previously I couldn't.

If anything changed then thank you. If nothing changed, then well done me. :D

6. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Track: Portimao GP
    Car(s): FR3
    AI strength: 100
    Race length: 30mins

My observations: ai slow in all corners (i know ai is a low number but the championship is a hold over from the last 12 months) ai unable to deal with each other in overtake attempts, most corners are 1st or 2nd gear for them, but the final 3 turns are warp speed, its very obvious theyre not on any proper physics as they just tend to float and zoom though with instant acceleration while tuning

Track:
    Portimao National
    Car(s): wtcc2015
    AI strength: 110
    Race length: 22mins+1L

My observations: ai extemely slow in the final turn cut, also braking on the 2nd straight and had one car start lapping 7 seconds a lap faster

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Track: Motegi GP
    Car(s): wtcc15
    AI strength: 110
    Race length: 3x qually, 35mins + 1Lap no mandatory stop

kinda sus speeds in sector 2 but it could me because i kinda suck in that sector but at EVERY track at this race length the ai mostly pits, theres usually 3 cars that dont even though theres enough fuel and tires to make the race. the AI tends to pit 20 mins earlier than an official wtcc race would be. also in race cars tend to lap slightly faster than they can do in qualifying especially after the stop but the stop length they do i dont think theyre taking tires at all just fuel

• Useful Useful x 1