Bug Get Real => Automatic Gear???

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by isi [vMADS], May 6, 2017.

1. isi [vMADS]

isi [vMADS] Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Hello

Excuse me for my bad English ;) We noticed that when we the Dedi. Make Get Real server to get, you can still drive with automatic gear shift. This has advantages when the defer and downshift. Is it wanted? Or is this a bug in the programming.

If I've got vehicles or vehicles that have no automatic and on the Server Get Real is set, but anyone should need to switch manually! Or I got that wrong?

Thank you for a quick answer and perhaps rapid troubleshooting in the game.

With sporting regards

Thank you.

Daniel

2. Shivas FR

Shivas FR Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Geat real doesn't mean Manual shifting, like in singleplayer, So not a bug.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Probably because not every wheel, well almost only direct drive (thus high end wheels), have paddle shifters nor buttons on the rim and not everyone uses a shifter (H and/or sequential). Although a dd servo wheel with a normal race rim never will be the first thing a starting sim enthusiast will buy... ;):p

4. isi [vMADS]

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Me but if you it is real to get then it should be okay corrected but like the original?
    Otherwise makes no sense but also the setting of get real?

5. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Get Real just refers to the physics model. A handicapped person should be able to play on Get Real even when he cannot perform up- and downshifts on his own.

6. Patrick van der Meulen

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    I partially agree with you. But it's probably just because for the input devices which are dificult to use in combination with manual shifting. And where do you draw the line for get-real mode? Not everyone does have a steeringwheel (although most R3E user do), not everyone with a steering wheel has a clutch pedal or shifter. And some have a shifter but no clutch pedal and rely on autoclutching. There are so many variables. Maybe to many variables to draw a clear line. Although I too would rather see a pure get-real mode without auto options.

But when it's about shifting in R3E: the transmission model of the dogbox transmissions. In R3E it's operated like a semi-automatic. I think that's more problematic - especially in get-real - than the occassional "cheater" who deliberately plays with autoshifting just to compensate his/hers lack of speed/skills. Which btw is not always that big of an advantage, except maybe with the true manual transmissions cars. And... Isn't cheating and bashing and crashing something you just would expect on an AC Open Server... :p;)

7. Patrick van der Meulen

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    You are 100% right. The one (obvious) option that didn't popped-up in my mind. But as I more or less - but not so obvious - said. Not every option in game is available for the sole purpose of being misused by cheaters. ;)

8. isi [vMADS]

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    Okay I understand then is just a problem of understanding and a hardcore is missing the game mode :) ;)
    Thanks for the replies :)

9. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    BTW is using an automatic transmission really an advantage? I would think not, you're less in control, especially when it comes to downshifting.

10. isi [vMADS]

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -0
    You can still manually switch with automatic transmission, and you, may the advantage you can brake it later and the course can switch faster down without a defect in the engine.

11. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    After a very short while, changing gear becomes automatic, even in a manual. How many of us really notice it?
    If it is a little helping hand for the people who need it, I don't see an issue.

12. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    At this moment I'm glad i can switch between manual and autimatc in get real
    I'm playing with an tennis-elbow at this moment and the flippers are not my best friend because of this :D:po_O

13. ChatCureuil

ChatCureuil Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +308 / 0 / -0
    Sure, and I can't imagine playing in automatic, a part of my speed estimation is based on the engine sound, that is based on the current gear. :)

• Agree Agree x 2