Problem Getting kicked out of sp races

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by richlevy2003, Aug 30, 2015.

1. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    This has been happening to me quite often the past week, sp races with the ai and getting kicked out before the race is thru. This puts me back at the menu, I can restart the race (no please! I was doing good!!!) or resuming and I end up in the pits which basically places me in last place...
    Is this happening for a reason? Am I l doing something or is it a game glitch?
    For what little it matters to the rest of the world :)
    I saw a mp race in the menus for Nurbugring and Group 5, there was no chance I was going to ruin others race by joining that one, so I went and started up a sp race, 30 min in the twin turbo bmw 320. I spent some time detuning the car so that it was more to my liking, I was getting decent lap times and qualified 7, Lost a bunch of positions at the start, worked myself back even further than just started to seattle down and slowly get back some of the positions I lost... I was completely wrapped up in the race, I was back in 12th, and things were looking good, just got thru the last pack, needed some good laps and I might get another place or 2 further up in the last 12 minutes... boom, back to the main menu...

Rich

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just so this doesn't go unanswered, I never experienced this myself or heard about it.
    You're special. ;)
    Sorry I can't be of help, but at least a bump for this, sounds very strange.
    Did you do all the basic stuff, verified game cache, driver updates etc?

3. richlevy2003

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Thanks christian, it still happens once a day, or every 3-4 hours of use. I suspect it might have something to do with the game polling steam/internet and because i have a spotty connection at best i get kicked from my gaming session. Its just a guess, i have no way to test this, just taking guesses as for what it could be.
    Rich

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You're right, sounds like some connection thing indeed, almost everything else would cause other problems too or prevent the game from loading at all.
    No particular class or track tho, not only with G5?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. richlevy2003

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    Yesterday I had it happen 2x, earlier in the day doing the leaderboard challenge dtm 92 at brands hatch, bmw. And ealier this morning Sachsenring dtm 92 mustang. Seems to be whatever I am running nothing specific. I use the dtm13/14 experiences, Adac 2013/2014 experience, than the dtm 92 and wtcc 2013 . I switch them around some, usually no more than a week on a class so it can be any series. I can use the g5 because I got the hill climb pack.