Ghost racing - are we going to see it in Raceroom ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nir Tal, May 1, 2019.

1. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    and has anyone tried it ?

jump to 4:16

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    As a ghost you have no influence on the actual race so I don't see the point. Other cars that you have to interact with are what racing is, without them it's just a time trial

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    WTF! What a great idea if the software works, who wouldn't want to race the pro's. Have to keep an eye on this, never would have dreamt of EV's until VW & S3 came up with the ID-R, what a car, bloody grip the thing exudes is so sodding addictive, cannot believe I am saying this but I think I've been turned to the dark side! :cool: It's alright, it's alright, just had my sunglasses on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    I see his said is was "groundbreaking", but this was tried about 10 years ago. I think it was with the WTCC, but the company that made the software went out of business. I'm not really sure how this will work with races to be honest, but racing against a one lap ghost of a pro driver is already possible in raceroom - you can take on romain dumas and nicki thiim in the I.D R challenge. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It was a game called Real-time Racing based on Race07:

6. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Careful, Comrade.
    These sort of comments could be viewed as subversive. You wouldn't want to be seen as a traitor to our glorious state, now would you? ;)

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Yes, that's the one. But recording inputs and positioning from a real car vs a virtual car and replaying it back in a game isn't really game changing for me. I think this one will be more of a tabloid hype thing rather than something that people might find fun or useful.

If I want to replay the last F1 race that just happened last week, and I happen to know that the leader puts it in the wall on the last lap, and I replay that race virtually, I'm not going to take any risks and just coast it home. It's just too predictable. :rolleyes:

8. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but you were also able to take part in the races in real-time.